Bouygues Energies & Services partnered with Airlite in 2019 as part of the Bouygues Matching-up scheme; a global programme aimed at delivering innovative solutions across our business for the benefit of clients and employees.
Airlite was identified as a revolutionary product, that could bring multiple benefits to all stakeholders with minimal cost and effort – simply switching paint. A London school was selected as a trial project for Airlite roll-out. Air quality was such a concern, windows in the school were prohibited from being opened, often causing rooms to be excessively warm in summer months.
We partnered with Airlite to deliver a sustainable and environmentally friendly solution helping tackle indoor air quality in our offices and contracts. Many of these are located in areas where the issue of air quality is paramount.Toxic nitrogen dioxide is the main pollutant that we sought to address in the most environmentally and sustainable way.
Reduction in Toxic Nitrogen Dioxide
Reduction in Hazardous Waste
Lower CO2 Footprint Than Regular Paint
What is Airlite?
Airlite is an innovative and environmentally friendly paint that actively purifies the air. Airlite copies nature to break down pollutants, acting as a catalyst, rather than absorbing or filtering them out.
- Actively breaks down NO2 to purify the air by reducing pollution and toxins.
- Naturally antimicrobial, killing bacteria on the surface and degrading viral
- Although not tested against COVID-19 yet, independent studies show that Airlite’s technology ‘could be used to inactivate the influenza virus’ (Nakano et al, 2012).
- Low CO2 footprint; between 62% and 76% lower than that of conventional paint.
- Prohibits mould growth, thereby reducing airborne spores and allergens.
- Contains no VOCs (respirable irritants).
- No hazardous or flammable waste.
- Breaks down smells.
- Certified Cradle to Cradle Gold, aligned to the circular economy, manufactured using 40% recycled materials in a factory powered entirely by renewable energy.
- Contributes to all major certification schemes, such as BREEAM, LEED and WELL.
Health Safety and Wellbeing
- In addition to the improvement of air quality, other impacts on health, safety and wellbeing were also appraised.
- Reducing VOCs has a direct beneficial impact on the health and safety of painters and contractors present at the time of painting (VOCs are linked to respiratory disease).
It also impacts occupants after the paint has been applied.
- Contractors noted that working with Airlite significantly reduced smell and left them feeling ‘clearer headed’. All painters enjoyed working with Airlite.
- Due to the lack of VOCs and smell, Airlite can be applied whilst buildings are occupied with doors and windows closed. This impacts customer satisfaction (the smell of paint is a common cause for complaints across the industry) as well as potential costs, with reduced downtime and painting not limited to out-of-hours works.
- Airlite has been independently tested at the below institutions to confirm it eliminates up to 99.9% of bacteria from any surface.
- Testing conducted at: University of Rome, La Sapienza (IT) and EMSL Analytical Inc, Houston (US).
- Switching from traditional paints to Airlite supported both Bouygues and the client towards their sustainability, environmental, innovation, air quality and employee health and wellbeing goals.
- Testing air quality requires results to be gathered over time, rather than a simple spot test. To gain meaningful insight to the effectiveness of Airlite, over 86,000 readings were taken over a period of one month.
- NO2 concentration was 96% less in the classroom painted with Airlite. Independent tests showed Airlite reduces NO2 levels by up to 88.8%after 60 minutes.
- Airlite’s environmental credentials are unparalleled in paint. VOC
free, powder based and made
with recycled raw materials, Airlite significantly reduces the CO2 footprint, VOCs and waste.
- In addition to removing VOCs, Airlite is naturally antimicrobial and has been proven to kill 99.9% of bacteria. As with the air purifying qualities, this property will not expire or reduce over time.
- Changing from a conventional paint to Airlite offered substantial environmental and sustainability benefits to both Bouygues and our client.
- Airlite transformed surfaces into active air purifiers, naturalising pollutants and killing bacteria for the lifetime of the application (up to 10 years). This will have a beneficial impact on our workforce and building occupants for years to come.
- Airlite is priced as a premium/eco paint, however offers additional benefits usually only associated with more costly and time consuming alternatives.
- The trial confirms Airlite is a suitable alternative to conventional paint and offers significant benefits to both Bouygues and our clients.
Latest case studies
- Bouygues Energies & Services were approached to design and build their new data centre at VIRTUS' impressive Stockley Park Campus.
- Bouygues Energies & Services were appointed as the turnkey partner for the refurbishment and upgrade of an operational computer room.
- Bouygues Energies & Services were approached to design and build their new, flagship data centre in Hayes, London.
- VIRTUS "energy efficient" data centre appointed Bouygues Energies & Services as their Design & Build partner.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Interview with Adeel Aslam, Technical Director, Bouygues Energies & Services, Contracting
- where we provided a solution to help improve the internal air quality
- 7100 m² of data storage in the heart of Marseille’s port district
- One for the diary, 11th November 2020, 2pm - 3pm (GMT)
- Provide renewable energy produced from the North Sea Wind Farms to homes across Germany by 2024.
- Pre-fabrication modular block: The paradigm shift to build a data centre differently?
- A virtual celebration to thank our supply chain
- Find out why we're prioritising electric vehicles
- Largest 'Subsidy-Free' Solar Farm in the UK to be Built by Bouygues Energies & Services for NextEnergy Capital
- There has always been a huge importance on reducing our Global footprint, to ensure a sustainable future
- A day for employers across the country to advocate their support for responsible employment.
- We have signed a first of its kind deal with Airlite, an innovative paint company
- Top tips to reduce you carbon footprint while working from home
- Along with 17 other companies the Data Centre team undertook a number of high-level fundraising activities in aid of CRASH charity.
- On this project we will be using our new innovative modular solution to help achieve the quality, speed to market..
- Sustainability can be a uniting theme and in this context great partnerships can be built between universities and the private sector.
- Leon wins the Sustainability Awards!
- We've helped Manchester Cares get closer to their £10,000 target
- We're providing a safe long term solution to protect our healthcare workers
- We’ve contributed to over 23,000 fruit portions, 600 fruit baskets being delivered to NHS hospitals.
- Some of our team members share their experiences during Covid-19.
- We've been recognised for our approach to health and safety
- Well done to our four team members that have made the finals!
- The Most Effective Development to a Wellbeing Strategy
- ExCel London on the 11th – 12th March 2020
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s Data Centre World
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting awarded design and build for new VIRTUS Data Centres LONDON6
- Gold Award for our continued focus on sustainability
- We're exhibiting at this year’s 2019 ISPE Europe Pharma 4.0 Conference, 20 - 21 November 2019, Manchester, Old Trafford.
- We have successfully renewed our Cyber Essentials Plus certification for the whole organisation.
- Virology Research Laboratory extension for AstraZeneca
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s DCD Event, 5 -6th November 2019, Old Billingsgate, London.
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
- We're encouraging our staff to share their work stories on social media.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103