Providing Medical Devices (EBME) Maintenance
Existing healthcare clients of Bouygues Energies & Services were uncertain of the compliance rate of their clinical engineering/Electro-Bio Medical Equipment (EBME). With planned CQC inspections approaching, the clients wanted to know what was required to bring their device inventories to 100% compliance.
compliance from the measured rate of 32%
interference with clinical operations
We were already providing hard facilities management services for our clients and were able to enhance this service through our expertise in low and medium risk medical device maintenance.
Detailed audits were performed on existing policies, processes, structure and records. A key challenge was showing the clinical engineering departments that the audit highlighted where we could provide additional support, and assist them with the CQC audit. The findings were then discussed in confidence with the clients, before submitting to the board.
Our solution: We created a solution to bring the compliance rate back up to 100%. This involved targeting product families and then expanding through areas to obtain final completion sign off. By working closely with our EBME partners, we put together a detailed schedule of works to achieve 100% compliance.
Communication was essential to the client and this was maintained through weekly reports on the progress.
Additional services we offer are:
- Combining the clinical device helpdesk with the hard FM helpdesk;, logging all reactive jobs against the particular device.
- Providing and implementing a 53-week (PPM) planner
- Maintaining device databases.
- Procurement new devices when necessary and disposal of failed and redundant devices.
With detailed preparation, a small team of specialist engineers were able to begin promptly, and over an 11-week period provided documented proof of 100% compliance. A total of over 5,000 devices were tested and signed off across 58 different wards/ departments.
Latest case studies
- Bouygues Energies & Services enters a partnership to design and construct a 5MWp solar PV farm, completed under an EPC framework.EnergyUnited-Kingdom
- Existing clients of ours wanted to bring their device inventories to 100% compliance.BuildingsUnited-Kingdom
- Our client required a highly controlled, ISO class 8 cleanroom for appropriate testing of the ExoMars Rover.IndustryUnited-Kingdom
- Our client required a new Learning Centre to influence and inspire young people to purse careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths).IndustryUnited-Kingdom
- In 2007 we began a 30 year PFI Agreement with Peterborough City Council to deliver Total Facilities Management to various schools across the city.BuildingsUnited-Kingdom
- Our client was lacking in available laboratory space to accommodate the equipment needed for pipeline biologics production. We provided the design & build solution of a MABs analytical testing laboratory.IndustryUnited-Kingdom
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Service were featured in Innovators magazine's biotech special, which was distributed at the annual IBioIC conference in Glasgow.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- Bouygues Energies & Services successfully delivers the £1.3M refurbishment of the Adult Assessment Unit at Barnet Hospital
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded a place on the CCS’ ‘Traffic Management Technology 2’ (TMT2) Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde