West Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
Bouygues Energies & Services partnered with Bouygues UK under a 35 year contract, to design and build a 26,000m2 hospital, and provide Total Facilities Management services for West Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust, covering 43,000m2.
in gross savings over 25 years
Savings and reduction in carbon emissions
Working with the Trust since 2001 we have ensured that our approach to Facilities Service delivery has responded to, and anticipated, the changing requirements of modern healthcare needs. The Trust requires a flexible partner able to bring innovation and value whilst delivering high quality Facilities Management (FM) services to range of building type and conditions.
Since 2004 Bouygues has been delivering Hard and Soft FM services, including Lifecycle Services across the Trust's estate - ranging from new build to older building stock. Our services, ranging from asset maintenance through to cleaning and catering, have put the clinicians and patients at the forefront of our approach to Service delivery.
We have also 'handed back' significant portions of the existing buildings, one of the first schemes to achieve such a milestone, in accordance with all of the conditions requirements and tests.
In addition we have worked collaboratively with the Trust to bring innovation into the project including a guaranteed energy risk transfer model, whereby savings and investment are underwritten by Bouygues Energies & Services to enable the Trust to benefit from new assets and carbon savings.
Integrated Service Delivery Teams
This provided the client with a more responsive service and a 'first fix' approach.
Innovative and cost-effective cleaning solutions
Remodelling Life Cycle Fund (LCF) enabled us to install a voltage optimiser onsite, offering a 20% saving in energy consumption for the hospital.
Re-invested Lifecycle funds due to reconfigurations for benefit of the hospital
Earlier investment in capital during design reduced future disruption and cost increase (e.g. 25-year manufacturer guarantee of roof membrane).
67% of our suppliers are SMEs
We engaged with SME bodies and local associations to build an understanding of local suppliers. This enabled us to develop a supplier directory of local SMEs that are now working with us.
Energy Management Innovation
Bringing Bouygues Energies & Services expertise and innovation, we have worked with the Trust to deliver:
- Capital investment of £1.6m with a 5-year payback period
- 15% savings and 15% reduction on carbon emissions
- £2m in net savings guaranteed over 10 years
- £12m in gross savings over 25 years.
Latest case studies
- Bouygues Energies & Services partners with University of the Arts London to make significant reduction in energy consumption and increase carbon savings.EnergyUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services partnered with Fenland District Council to improve energy efficiency and reduce carbon emissions.EnergyUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services provides Total Facilities Management to the Trust whilst remaining adaptable to their modern healthcare needs.BuildingsUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded contract as lead company to carry out and manage a connected control centre for public facilities.Smart CityUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services partners with LSE to significantly reduce their CO2 and energy consumption.EnergyUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services UK Head Office transitions to an agile working environment.BuildingsUnited-Kingdom
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- Bouygues Energies & Services successfully delivers the £1.3M refurbishment of the Adult Assessment Unit at Barnet Hospital
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded a place on the CCS’ ‘Traffic Management Technology 2’ (TMT2) Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde