London School of Economics Energy Performance
London School of Economics (LSE) continuously strives to improve its environmental sustainability, and by working with Bouygues Energies & Services and implementing our solution, they have managed to achieve significant reductions with regards to their energy and CO2 consumption.
SAVINGS PER ANNUM
TONNS OF CO2 SAVED PER ANNUM
The principal aim of this partnership was to work with London School of Economics to achieve the 54% reduction in carbon dioxide emissions by 2020, as outlined in their Carbon Management Plan (CMP). With this target in mind, LSE aspire to reach a reduction of 57% in order to achieve its short and long term goals.
Although significant carbon savings had been achieve, Bouygues Energies & Services partnered with LSE to support them in meeting their target, attaining maximum efficiency from the remaining portfolio and managing future revenue costs.
Bouygues Energies & Services carried out in depth energy surveys in order to develop a client proposal for the Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs), this allowed the client to select the best technical solutions from a range of measures. We then implemented these solutions with guaranteed savings through an innovative commercial model that the client could benefit from. The energy performance contract allows the client to hand pick their preferred technologies, that are often selected for their publicity around meeting the sustainability targets they have published through the relevant bodies.
The upgrades and equipment Byes installed included:
- Chilled Water Systems
- BMS Re-engineering & Upgrade
- Boiler Burner Upgrade and Combustion Trim
- PV Solar System Installation
- Lighting & Lighting Control System Installation
- Back End 3 Port Isolation Valves
- Small Scale CHP
- Variable pump and fan speeds dependent on demand
- HVAC Component Insulation
- Longer equipment life
- Extended maintenance frequency
- Extended life of existing equipment
- Increased system reliability
- Reduced infrastructure upgrade requirements for supply reinforcement
- Improved supply chain position with customers
- Superior CSR and shareholder value
- Enhanced reputation and public relations
- Further meeting the CRC obligation
- Enhanced working environments
Latest case studies
- Delivering Hard Facilities Management Services to University Hospital Lewisham, BYES remains agile and adaptable to the high standard healthcare environment.
- We work in partnership with Broomfield Hospital to deliver Hard Facilities Management, Lifecycle and HelpDesk Services.
- Our client required a capacity increase for a Silver Hydrocel manufacturing suite and supporting areas, as well as additional IDA and Solvent Effluent storage capacity.
- Existing clients of ours wanted to bring their device inventories to 100% compliance.
- Our client required a highly controlled, ISO class 8 cleanroom for appropriate testing of the ExoMars Rover.
- Our client required a new Learning Centre to influence and inspire young people to purse careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths).
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde