London School of Economics Energy Performance
London School of Economics (LSE) continuously strives to improve its environmental sustainability, and by working with Bouygues Energies & Services and implementing our solution, they have managed to achieve significant reductions with regards to their energy and CO2 consumption.
SAVINGS PER ANNUM
TONNS OF CO2 SAVED PER ANNUM
The principal aim of this partnership was to work with London School of Economics to achieve the 54% reduction in carbon dioxide emissions by 2020, as outlined in their Carbon Management Plan (CMP). With this target in mind, LSE aspire to reach a reduction of 57% in order to achieve its short and long term goals.
Although significant carbon savings had been achieve, Bouygues Energies & Services partnered with LSE to support them in meeting their target, attaining maximum efficiency from the remaining portfolio and managing future revenue costs.
Bouygues Energies & Services carried out in depth energy surveys in order to develop a client proposal for the Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs), this allowed the client to select the best technical solutions from a range of measures. We then implemented these solutions with guaranteed savings through an innovative commercial model that the client could benefit from. The energy performance contract allows the client to hand pick their preferred technologies, that are often selected for their publicity around meeting the sustainability targets they have published through the relevant bodies.
The upgrades and equipment Byes installed included:
- Chilled Water Systems
- BMS Re-engineering & Upgrade
- Boiler Burner Upgrade and Combustion Trim
- PV Solar System Installation
- Lighting & Lighting Control System Installation
- Back End 3 Port Isolation Valves
- Small Scale CHP
- Variable pump and fan speeds dependent on demand
- HVAC Component Insulation
- Longer equipment life
- Extended maintenance frequency
- Extended life of existing equipment
- Increased system reliability
- Reduced infrastructure upgrade requirements for supply reinforcement
- Improved supply chain position with customers
- Superior CSR and shareholder value
- Enhanced reputation and public relations
- Further meeting the CRC obligation
- Enhanced working environments
Latest case studies
- Bouygues Energies & Services partners with University of the Arts London to make significant reduction in energy consumption and increase carbon savings.EnergyUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services partnered with Fenland District Council to improve energy efficiency and reduce carbon emissions.EnergyUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services provides Total Facilities Management to the Trust whilst remaining adaptable to their modern healthcare needs.BuildingsUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded contract as lead company to carry out and manage a connected control centre for public facilities.Smart CityUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services partners with LSE to significantly reduce their CO2 and energy consumption.EnergyUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services UK Head Office transitions to an agile working environment.BuildingsUnited-Kingdom
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- Bouygues Energies & Services successfully delivers the £1.3M refurbishment of the Adult Assessment Unit at Barnet Hospital
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded a place on the CCS’ ‘Traffic Management Technology 2’ (TMT2) Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde