Launch of Construction at Northern Ireland's
First Large Scale Energy to Waste Facility
Bouygues Energies & Services hosted a ceremony to mark the official launch of construction at Northern Ireland's first large-scale energy from waste facility, in Belfast. Inaugurated by Arlene Foster, First Minister of Northern Ireland and Jennifer McCann, Junior Minister, representing Martin McGuinness, Deputy First Minister, the landmark facility creates a critical piece of infrastructure which will significantly enhance Northern Ireland's green infrastructure network.
Contributing to the process treatment of 150,000 tons p.a. of feedstock derived from industrial and commercial waste, the 14.85MWe Energy from Waste facility will power Bombardier’s wing facility and allow export of green electricity to the grid. The project will generate 250 jobs during the construction phase and secure 20 skilled jobs during the operation and maintenance of the power plant.
The inauguration ceremony was led by our client Brett Ross, Managing Director of Full Circle Generation. Brett Ross said: "The construction of the Full Circle Generation Waste to Energy facility will allow the industry to gain access to a piece of crucial infrastructure which until now had required waste management operators to export waste derived fuels and consequently energy to other territories.”
Along with the Prime Minister and Junior Minister, the event was attended by the key project stakeholders including the CEO of the Green Investment Bank, Shaun Kingsbury, the COO of Equitix, Nick Parker and Mark White, cofounder and partner at P3P Partners.
Bouygues Energies & Services was represented by Serge Bordonnat, Contracting. Senior representatives of Bombardier Aerospace, KPMG, Fichtner, Turner & Townsend, John Sisk & Son and River Ridge Recycling were also in attendance.
Based on a 28 months fast track engineering, procurement and construction programme, the project will be completed and operational by late 2017.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- Bouygues Energies & Services successfully delivers the £1.3M refurbishment of the Adult Assessment Unit at Barnet Hospital
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded a place on the CCS’ ‘Traffic Management Technology 2’ (TMT2) Framework Agreement.
- Strengthenig Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde
- Bouygues Energies & Services win contract for the turnkey delivery of a waste-to-energy gasification plant in Belfast.