Mill Solar Farm
Bouygues Energies & Services partnered with Wirsol to design and construct a 5MWp solar PV farm in Lincolnshire County. The partnership includes a 5-year Operation and Maintenance contract, completed under an Engineering, Procurement and Construction framework.
Bouygues Energies & Services built and connected the new facility for Wirsol. The 30-acre site houses approximately 20,000 PV panels and two medium voltage power stations, which successfully produce electricity for the local area. Inverters and transformers housed in the power stations convert the DC output into AC to supply to the mains. The project was delivered on schedule, approved and energised in March 2016.
We also upgraded the access road from the public highway to the site (c250-300m), using a lime stabilisation process. This allowed access to the site for construction and maintenance purposes.
Bouygues Energies & Services National Operations Centre remotely monitors the CCTV on the site 24/7. Our monitoring works down to each string level, checking for output and any faults.
Satisfaction in the local area
Assessments have demonstrated high levels of satisfaction from local residents and stakeholders.
Joint venture relationship
A joint venture relationship with abakus enabled a turnkey solution.
The project was built and is maintained to the client’s performance specifications. The project has exceeded its contractually bench-marked KPIs and is performing even better than initially expected.
Latest case studies
- Bouygues Energies & Services enters a partnership to design and construct a 5MWp solar PV farm, completed under an EPC framework.EnergyUnited-Kingdom
- Existing clients of ours wanted to bring their device inventories to 100% compliance.BuildingsUnited-Kingdom
- Our client required a highly controlled, ISO class 8 cleanroom for appropriate testing of the ExoMars Rover.IndustryUnited-Kingdom
- Our client required a new Learning Centre to influence and inspire young people to purse careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths).IndustryUnited-Kingdom
- In 2007 we began a 30 year PFI Agreement with Peterborough City Council to deliver Total Facilities Management to various schools across the city.BuildingsUnited-Kingdom
- Our client was lacking in available laboratory space to accommodate the equipment needed for pipeline biologics production. We provided the design & build solution of a MABs analytical testing laboratory.IndustryUnited-Kingdom
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Service were featured in Innovators magazine's biotech special, which was distributed at the annual IBioIC conference in Glasgow.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- Bouygues Energies & Services successfully delivers the £1.3M refurbishment of the Adult Assessment Unit at Barnet Hospital
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded a place on the CCS’ ‘Traffic Management Technology 2’ (TMT2) Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde