Bouygues Energies & Services Win Contract for New Waste to Energy Gasification Plant in Belfast
Bouygues Energies & Services (a subsidiary of Bouygues Construction) has been awarded a prestigious contract for the turnkey delivery of a waste-to-energy gasification plant in Belfast, Northern Ireland
The Full Circle Generation investment fund, which consists of the developer RiverRidge Energy and a consortium of investors made up of Green Investment Bank, Equitix and P3P Partners, has awarded the contract worth more than €202 million.
Bouygues Energies & Services will be responsible for the engineering, procurement and construction of the 15 MWe facility, and will then carry out operation and maintenance for 17 years. The waste-to-energy power plant will be the largest in Northern Ireland.
The gasification plant will have a capacity of 60 MWt. When converted by two steam turbine generators, this will generate 15 MWe of power. Net annual green electricity exported to the grid will be 100 GWh. A neighbouring Bombardier Aerospace manufacturing plant will be the principal user.
The waste-to-energy facility will contribute to treating more than 150,000 tonnes of feedstock derived from local commercial and industrial waste and will enable Northern Ireland to save 50,000 tonnes of carbon per year.
Bouygues Energies & Services will provide a turnkey solution using a state-of-the-art technology developed in conjunction with Biomass Power Ltd.
Construction works, which will involve 200 people at peak periods, will begin in January 2016, with handover scheduled for late 2017. The operation and maintenance contract will subsequently lead to the creation of 20 local full-time jobs.
Jean-Christophe Perraud, CEO of Bouygues Energies & Services, said: "This new contract follows on the contract that we signed in February for the 10 MWe waste-to-energy gasification plant in Hoddesdon, England. It confirms Bouygues Energies & Services’ capacity to deliver a large, complex industrial project in the energy infrastructure sector. The new facility will go a long way towards helping Northern Ireland achieve its annual targets for recycling and generating energy from renewable sources."
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- Bouygues Energies & Services successfully delivers the £1.3M refurbishment of the Adult Assessment Unit at Barnet Hospital
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded a place on the CCS’ ‘Traffic Management Technology 2’ (TMT2) Framework Agreement.
- Strengthenig Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde
- Launch of construction at Northern Ireland's first large-scale energy from waste facility.