St Ive's Solar Power Project
Bouygues Energies & Services were procured by Cambridgeshire County Council (CCC), with the aim to deliver significant energy efficiency and renewable energy generation projects across the county’s public sector estate. This partnership is formed under the RE:FIT 2 Energy Performance Contracting framework, in which Bouygues Energies & Services designs, develops and guarantees the performance of energy projects.
Working together since 2014, we have successfully completed projects on over 70 sites in Cambridgeshire, including a 12MW solar farm and we have extended the partnership to three district councils. This has become the largest and most diverse project ever delivered under the RE:FIT framework.
saving in site lighting demand
of site electricity served by the system
reduction in CO2 emissions
In autumn 2017, CCC worked with Bouygues Energies & services to design, develop and deliver a smart Energy Grid in St Ives Car Park – which will transform a Park & Ride site in Cambridgeshire into a renewable energy generator. The project seeks to overcome challenges that include grid capacity constraints, new business models for financing complex energy projects, increasing the deployment of renewable energy and storage systems, as well as support the transition to electric vehicles.
Our proposal comprises a 1MW solar car port system, in which solar arrays are affixed to a structure above the parking spaces, allowing cars to park beneath. The power generated by the solar is either stored in a battery system and used on site, or sold to local businesses via a smart grid solution. The project also includes next-generation electric vehicle chargers, ultra-efficient LED lighting and automatic controls, as well as advanced metering infrastructure.
Our designers have successfully overcome several technical challenges associated with this specific site. Planning permission was granted for the project in July 2017.
The pilot project, which is an amalgamation of innovative and novel technologies, will be three times larger than the largest operational solar carport in the country. Following successful completion, we intend to roll the solution out to sites around the county.
- Multiple long-term revenue streams
- Significant carbon reductions
- Supporting local economic growth
- Benefitting the local community
- Leading the way to zero carbon
- Underpinned by long-term energy performance contract
Having recently been reappointed by Cambridgeshire County Council via a competitive tendering process, Bouygues Energies & Services is looking forward to developing further innovative schemes like this with Cambridgeshire County Council.
The Re:fit framework is co-owned by Local Partnerships and the Greater London Authority. The robust energy performance contracting approach provides the opportunity to reduce carbon emissions, achieve substantial guaranteed energy savings, and cut costs through energy efficiency and energy generation measures.
Local Partnerships is owned by HM Treasury, Welsh Government and the Local Government Association. Local Partnerships provide support to public sector organisations outside London to implement Re:fit schemes across selected premises and sites. Local Partnerships have provided commercial, technical and legal support to Cambridgeshire throughout the development of this project.
Latest case studies
- Delivering Hard Facilities Management Services to University Hospital Lewisham, BYES remains agile and adaptable to the high standard healthcare environment.
- We work in partnership with Broomfield Hospital to deliver Hard Facilities Management, Lifecycle and HelpDesk Services.
- Our client required a capacity increase for a Silver Hydrocel manufacturing suite and supporting areas, as well as additional IDA and Solvent Effluent storage capacity.
- Existing clients of ours wanted to bring their device inventories to 100% compliance.
- Our client required a highly controlled, ISO class 8 cleanroom for appropriate testing of the ExoMars Rover.
- Our client required a new Learning Centre to influence and inspire young people to purse careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths).
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde