Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting awarded the design and build for new VIRTUS Data Centres LONDON6
Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting, a subsidiary of Bouygues Construction, has been selected by VIRTUS Data Centres for the turnkey delivery of its LONDON6 data centre, located in Stockley Park and the second data centre in its hyper scale campus.
Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting will be responsible for the design, build, electrical and mechanical services and commissioning of the data centre, which will be delivered on a phased basis.
The TIER III data centre will be built with an overall floor area of 14,000 m² including 7,000 m² of technical IT data space. When fully deployed the facility will offer 16MW of critical IT load using state-of-the-art technologies to cater to high-density customer requirements. It will deploy market-leading cooling supplied by high efficiency chilled water cooling and air containment at the rack level, which will significantly decrease energy and water consumption compared to the typical performance of a data centre of this size.
The facility will consist of 6Nr self-contained data halls, all eco-efficiently designed and capable of subdivision for maximum flexibility from a rack in a shared space, to their own suite or data hall, each with its own dedicated power and innovative cooling systems.
The data centre will be built in a modular fashion with some data halls live and online as early as March 2020. This approach allows VIRTUS’ customers to be involved in the design specification and scale up as they grow. Full completion of the facility is scheduled for November 2020.
Steven Weir, Managing Director of Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting stated: “Following on from the successful completion of LONDON5, we are really pleased to secure this exciting project and continue our excellent relationship with VIRTUS, a market leader in colocation and wholesale data centre facilities.”
With over twenty data centres designed and built in France, the United Kingdom and Asia, Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting is a major market player offering a turnkey solution and a high-level of expertise delivering the world’s largest data storage companies.
In the era of cloud computing, Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting is well placed to meet the critical challenges of secure and reliable data storage while improving data centre energy performance.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Gold Award for our continued focus on sustainability
- We're exhibiting at this year’s 2019 ISPE Europe Pharma 4.0 Conference, 20 - 21 November 2019, Manchester, Old Trafford.
- We have successfully renewed our Cyber Essentials Plus certification for the whole organisation.
- Virology Research Laboratory extension for AstraZeneca
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s DCD Event, 5 -6th November 2019, Old Billingsgate, London.
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
- We're encouraging our staff to share their work stories on social media.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde