Bouygues Energies & Services shortlisted for two prestigious DCD Awards.
The DCD Awards are often referred to as the 'Oscars' of the data centre industry. An award ceremony that started 11 years ago with a simple idea to recognise great people and excellent projects in the data centre industry and help organisations share their experiences.
Bouygues Energies & Services have been shortlisted for the construction team of the year award showing the commitment, innovation and initiative in the recent successful completion of the London5 project. The first building in the Stockley park hyper-scale campus delivering the state of the art data centre to the highest of quality, it took a creative, driven and innovative approach to deliver the site earlier than anticipated to the great satisfaction of the client and end-user.
The birth of a data centre is always a race against the clock, as time is money. It’s also one where no corners can be cut, and the eventual product must not fall below the agreed quality.
Daniel Mace, Executive Vice President, Data Centre, Bouygues Energies & Services stated: “With our two main USP being quality and speed to market, our in-house uptime accredited design and build team showed the flexible and agile nature required in today’s data centre market to deliver this project at this speed. Having in-house commissioning capabilities and applying our own 5 stage quality tagging system not only allows us to navigate these integral parts of the build but we can also guarantee the quality expected in this type of facility for this level of provider.”
Bouygues Energies & Services are very proud of Sam Caton, Senior Design Engineer, for being shortlisted for the Young Mission Critical Engineer of the Year Award. He has been shortlisted for his incredible track record, innovation and agile ability to respond to the ever-changing and challenging nature of today’s modern data centre. This with his proven record of high achievement in challenging project showing his true engineering skills, leadership and delivery focus.
Steven Weir, Managing Director Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting said: “We are extremely pleased to see that Sam has been shortlisted for this award and we believe that this is entirely deserved. Sam joined Bouygues from school at the age of 17 and has excelled throughout his time with us. His proactive approach, attention to detail and willingness to learn have been integral to his and our success. During his development, Sam has worked on various aspects from site works to office engineering. A previous winner of the H&V News Apprentice of the Year Award in 2015 when he was working on the design of a large colo DC, having previously worked at site construction level on the previous project for the same client. His blend of installation and design experience has given him a well-balanced approach and today Sam has progressed to Senior Design Engineer and is a key player in our design team but that is just the latest step in what will be a long and successful career for Sam”
The data centre community needs a new generation, ready to pick up the baton and take the sector on towards its undreamt-of achievements. Past winners have gone on to build successful careers while raising the profile of the companies that employ them.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting awarded design and build for new VIRTUS Data Centres LONDON6
- Gold Award for our continued focus on sustainability
- We're exhibiting at this year’s 2019 ISPE Europe Pharma 4.0 Conference, 20 - 21 November 2019, Manchester, Old Trafford.
- We have successfully renewed our Cyber Essentials Plus certification for the whole organisation.
- Virology Research Laboratory extension for AstraZeneca
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s DCD Event, 5 -6th November 2019, Old Billingsgate, London.
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
- We're encouraging our staff to share their work stories on social media.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde