Having worked with our client - a flexible and efficient data centre specialist for IT services - for over 5 years, Bouygues Energies & Services were approached to design and build their new, flagship data centre in Hayes, London. The LONDON2 mission critical facility is designed to meet the growing demand for scalable, reliable and on demand colocation services.
Total IT Power
Average Power Density
Bouygues Energies & Services led the development of the design and build, as well as electrical, mechanical and IST solutions of the new, mission critical Hayes facility. The Greenfield facility entailed the design and construction of 6,000m2 of Tier 3 technical data space, across a three storey building with total IT power of 11.4MW. The data centre is designed across six self-contained data halls, all capable of subdivision for maximum flexibility, each with a dedicated power and cooling system, with an average power density of 2kW per square metre, to offer N+N redundancy on UPS and N+1 on all other critical services.
By enforcing "intelligent by design" practices for air-cooling, power and connectivity, the most advanced and energy saving technologies and solutions have been implemented during the project. This includes the installation of fresh-air, evaporating cooling technology, solar panels, ground water sourced from its own well, chimney racks for heat extraction and efficient UPS systems, amongst several other technologies. Following these considerations, LONDON2 will be the most energy efficient data centre in London.
The data centre has been designed to achieve a BREEAM "Excellent" standard and makes maximum use of natural resources, minimising greenhouse gas emissions for the client.
Sustainability as Priority
Powered by renewable energy sources, the data centre is the first in London to deploy a new, ground-breaking, fresh-air evaporative cooling technology, which will significantly decrease energy consumption, bringing the data centre's power usage effectiveness to below 1.2 and delivering substantial TCO reduction to our client's clients.
The LONDON2 data centre, Hayes has been awarded Tier 3 certification by the Uptime Institute for design efficiency, performance and resilience and is credited with the "Best Technology Innovation Award" at the Computer Weekly European User Awards, providing our client with international recognition.
Latest case studies
- Delivering Hard Facilities Management Services to University Hospital Lewisham, BYES remains agile and adaptable to the high standard healthcare environment.BuildingsBouygues Energies & Services works in partnership with Broomfield Hospital to deliver Hard FM, Lifecycle and HelpDesk Services.BuildingsOur client required a capacity increase for a Silver Hydrocel manufacturing suite and supporting areas, as well as additional IDA and Solvent Effluent storage capacity, integrated with minimum disruption to ongoing operations.IndustryBouygues Energies & Services enters a partnership to design and construct a 5MWp solar PV farm, completed under an EPC framework.
Commitments - Data Centre
Delivering the highest level of efficiency, resilience and industry leading PUEs
Tailored solutions which meet the requirements of flexibility and modularity, supporting your growth strategy
Delivering the highest levels of availability for your infrastructure and assets
Integrating the latest technology and applications with sustainable design, to achieve BREEAM and LEED certifications
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special,
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- Bouygues Energies & Services successfully delivers the £1.3M refurbishment of the Adult Assessment Unit at Barnet Hospital
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded a place on the CCS’ ‘Traffic Management Technology 2’ (TMT2) Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde