ExoMars Rover Cleanroom
Our client are a crucial player in the international ExoMars programme, led by the European Space Agency (ESA) and Roscosmos. The ExoMars rover is an automated vehicle, being engineered and built by our client, which will be launched into Space in 2020. The mission: search for past and present lifeforms on Mars.
To progress with the ExoMars Rover programme, our client required a bespoke facility, which would be purpose-built and highly controlled to ISO class 8 classification. All operations would need to maintain strict BioBurden control parameters, as well as be aware of the molecular and particulate contamination risks.
Following previous experience of working in collaboration with the client, Bouygues Energies & Services were appointed as the turnkey design & build partner for the project.
Our track record of delivery for cutting-edge technology and mission critical projects enabled us to present a detailed solution that met our client’s specialist requirement, as well as the stringent expectations of their end client; the ESA. By collaborating with client teams and ExoMars project management executives, our own team were able to fully identify and understand distinctive features of the project and therefore offer a fully tailored solution.
The full-height, stainless steel design comprised of a changing room, airlock, and equipment support and preparation areas. In order to meet the paramount environmental demands, a molecular carbon filtration system and temperature and humidity controls were core aspects of the design. The necessary BioBurden control parameters were maintained, enabling us to deliver an ISO validated cleanroom classification in readiness for client VOC bake-out periods and ExoMars Rover preparations.
A single point of accountability
Providing detailed design, architectural, construction, procurement, installation, mechanical & electrical services, commissioning and validation to offer seamless engineering solutions to the challenges facing our client.
The new facility will enable our client to move forward with the ExoMars Rover programme, contributing to global astronomical advancement through exploration of the Red Planet.
By delivering the project to strict regulatory standards, the facility is validated under the ISO classifications, allowing our client to meet the expectations of the European Space Agency.
Latest case studies
- Delivering Hard Facilities Management Services to University Hospital Lewisham, BYES remains agile and adaptable to the high standard healthcare environment.
- We work in partnership with Broomfield Hospital to deliver Hard Facilities Management, Lifecycle and HelpDesk Services.
- Our client required a capacity increase for a Silver Hydrocel manufacturing suite and supporting areas, as well as additional IDA and Solvent Effluent storage capacity.Industry
- We entered a partnership to design and construct a 5MWp solar PV farm, completed under an EPC framework.Energy
- Existing clients of ours wanted to bring their device inventories to 100% compliance.
- Our client required a new Learning Centre to influence and inspire young people to purse careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths).Industry
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special,
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde