Monoclonal Antibody Laboratory
Our client was lacking in available laboratory space to accommodate the equipment needed for pipeline biologics production. They required the design and construction of a MABs analytical testing laboratory as an extension to the existing multi-purpose lab facility.
air changes per hour
The client required a pharmaceutically clean laboratory with a 15 air-change per hour target regime for class 1 operation. Air filtration needed to suit pharmaceutically clean specifications and the HVAC system designed to cope with the high winds experienced on site. The facility also required state-of-the-art laboratory equipment, unique to the testing protocols of the client, and this equipment needed various services, such as gas and extraction to operate in an efficient and safe manner.
The main challenge was integrating existing services with the new facility, without compromising ongoing operational activity. This required close coordination between ourselves and the client, so daily meetings were organised between the project teams to ensure any construction work had minimal impact.
Our solution included the erection of a new steel framed building, resting on a pad foundation and raft slab base. With an insulated white metal cladding system, the shell was connected to the main facility via an existing doorway. We also built an emergency exit doorway which served as an access route throughout the construction phase; this maintained optimal segregation of construction works from the operational facility.
We provided a new recirculating packaged air handling unit and DX refrigeration system, so heating and cooling infrastructure would not be reliant on the existing facility, and were able to achieve temperature control of 21 C+/- 3 degrees and maximum humidity levels of 65%. We also installed a dedicated BAS control system to perform ventilation system controls, as well as monitor room and equipment conditions. LED lighting and emergency lighting was installed throughout, providing 500 LUX average in laboratory environments.
Single point of accountability
Providing detailed design, architectural, construction, procurement, installation, mechanical & electrical services, commissioning and validation to offer seamless engineering solutions to the challenges facing our client.
Positive growth with minimal disruption
The additional space gained from the new laboratory will increase productivity, without the need for any facility shut-down during the construction phase.
Quality and excellence
The high quality standard of the facility means our client have a showpiece laboratory which can be cleaned, operated and maintained according to current EU and US good quality control laboratory practice requirements.
Greener laboratory solutions
The new building services, plant and equipment are energy efficient, improving sustainability whilst also reducing running costs for our client.
Latest case studies
- Bouygues Energies & Services enters a partnership to design and construct a 5MWp solar PV farm, completed under an EPC framework.EnergyUnited-Kingdom
- Existing clients of ours wanted to bring their device inventories to 100% compliance.BuildingsUnited-Kingdom
- Our client required a highly controlled, ISO class 8 cleanroom for appropriate testing of the ExoMars Rover.IndustryUnited-Kingdom
- Our client required a new Learning Centre to influence and inspire young people to purse careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths).IndustryUnited-Kingdom
- In 2007 we began a 30 year PFI Agreement with Peterborough City Council to deliver Total Facilities Management to various schools across the city.BuildingsUnited-Kingdom
- Our client was lacking in available laboratory space to accommodate the equipment needed for pipeline biologics production. We provided the design & build solution of a MABs analytical testing laboratory.IndustryUnited-Kingdom
Block "Nos Engagements"
De-risk Project Development
Accompanying you through the whole project development from concept stage to handover.
Leveraging our engineering design and construction technique to accelerate and realise the vision of our clients.
Compliance Strategies within Regulated Sectors
Ensuring MHRA and FDA regulations are met as required.
Ensuring greater long-term operational efficiency and productivity
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Service were featured in Innovators magazine's biotech special, which was distributed at the annual IBioIC conference in Glasgow.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- Bouygues Energies & Services successfully delivers the £1.3M refurbishment of the Adult Assessment Unit at Barnet Hospital
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded a place on the CCS’ ‘Traffic Management Technology 2’ (TMT2) Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde