Operational Computer Room Refurbishment and Upgrade
Following a successful track record in working with Airbus Defence and Space, on a number of major projects, Bouygues Energies & Services were appointed to deliver the refurbishment of this 1500m2 operational computer room.
2 x 500
kVA UPS units at N+1
2 x 800
kVA sychronised generators
The project required the replacement of existing critical services whilst the facility remained operational. The works included the replacement of the computer floor, which had been contaminated by zinc whiskers. We installed new air conditioning and power and through our design, provided additional capacity and resilience.
The service included:
- 2 x 500 kVA UPS units at N+1
- 2 x 800 kVA synchronised generators
- A&B supply to PDUs and Rack
- A single press double knock emergency power down facility with fault monitoring.
Critically, we achieved a seamless transfer of IT data equipment from the existing UPS and distribution systems.
Benefits to the Client
A Single Point of Contact to Boost Performance
Providing detailed design, architectural, procurement, installation, mechanical & electrical services, and Integrated System Testing (IST) to offer seamless engineering solutions to the challenges facing our client.
Due to our experience in Live Operational Site developments, the data centre was able to be refurbished whilst remaining operational.
Longevity Through Design
Through innovative and forward thinking design, we refurbished the existing facility whilst also adding resilience to the main data centre.
Latest case studies
- Delivering Hard Facilities Management Services to University Hospital Lewisham, BYES remains agile and adaptable to the high standard healthcare environment.
- We work in partnership with Broomfield Hospital to deliver Hard Facilities Management, Lifecycle and HelpDesk Services.
- Our client required a capacity increase for a Silver Hydrocel manufacturing suite and supporting areas, as well as additional IDA and Solvent Effluent storage capacity.
- Existing clients of ours wanted to bring their device inventories to 100% compliance.
- Our client required a highly controlled, ISO class 8 cleanroom for appropriate testing of the ExoMars Rover.
- Our client required a new Learning Centre to influence and inspire young people to purse careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths).
Our Commitments - Data Centre
Delivering the highest level of efficiency, resilience and industry leading PUEs
Tailored solutions which meet the requirements of flexibility and modularity, supporting your growth strategy
Delivering the highest levels of availability for your infrastructure and assets
Integrating the latest technology and applications with sustainable design, to achieve BREEAM and LEED certifications
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde