PA4 Data Centre Paris
EQUINIX are one of the world’s largest data centre and colocation providers; they required the refurbishment of an existing postal sorting facility into an operational data centre.
net technical space
electrical energy supplied from renewable sources
The refurbishment was to take place over 3 phases, adding a total of 11,400m² of data hall space. The Phase 1 works were completed in the summer of 2012, comprising 4,100m² data hall space, plus associated technical rooms and office floors.
EQUINIX required the facility to be designed to offer a high degree of reliability and availability, with the capability of operating continuously, 7 days a week and 52 weeks a year.
Bouygues Energies & Services were appointed as the design & build partner for the further refurbishment works. Our solution included a double MV supply of 32MW, provided from 2 separate ERDF substations and a UPS system designed with N+1 UPS modules in each of the 4 strings. Each dual corded server was also supplied from 2 separate strings.
We ensured fuel storage tanks had the capacity to run at full output for 36 hours and designed all mechanical systems with N+1 redundancy, allowing maintenance within each system to protect the facility from equipment failure, offering business continuity.
We installed 1200 KW chillers with free cooling modules to ensure environmental controls , as well as building and electrical network monitoring systems (BMS / ENMS), fire detection, access control and CCTV for maximum facility control and security.
We also employed energy efficient design principles, improving Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) to reduce cost and environmental impact.
Benefits to the client
A single point of contact to boost performance. Providing detailed design, architectural, construction, procurement, mechanical and electrical services, and commissioning to assure the delivery of a world class facility.
Energy efficient design. By designing the facility with the environment in mind, we were able to improve PUE, which reduces client running costs. Over 50% of electrical energy supplied to the facility is from renewable sources, further minimising environmental impact.
Safety and security as priority. By implementing various features such as a back-up fuel tank, fire detection and chillers, the client can be assured that the facility is a safe and secure location to host their services.
Latest case studies
- Bouygues Energies & Services were approached to design and build their new data centre at VIRTUS' impressive Stockley Park Campus.
- Bouygues Energies & Services were appointed as the turnkey partner for the refurbishment and upgrade of an operational computer room.
- Bouygues Energies & Services were approached to design and build their new, flagship data centre in Hayes, London.
- VIRTUS "energy efficient" data centre appointed Bouygues Energies & Services as their Design & Build partner.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Gold Award for our continued focus on sustainability
- We're exhibiting at this year’s 2019 ISPE Europe Pharma 4.0 Conference, 20 - 21 November 2019, Manchester, Old Trafford.
- We have successfully renewed our Cyber Essentials Plus certification for the whole organisation.
- Virology Research Laboratory extension for AstraZeneca
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s DCD Event, 5 -6th November 2019, Old Billingsgate, London.
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
- We're encouraging our staff to share their work stories on social media.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde