Silver Hydrocel and Tank Farm Capacity Increase
Our client required the modification of their facility, where they chemically convert cellulose based fibres into a gelling fibre for antimicrobial wound dressings which contain ionic silver. Such products are registered as Class III medical devices, so the facility is required to operate under cGMP guidelines and is auditable by BSi, FDA and MHRA.
They required the capacity increase of a Silver Hydrocel manufacturing suite and an additional Industrial Denatured Alcohol (IDA) and Solvent Effluent storage capacity increase, that could be integrated with minimal disruption to ongoing operations. The capacity increase needed to include provision of Grade D cleanrooms fitted-out with manufacturing equipment, all of which would be designed, commissioned and validated in compliance with corporate and regulatory standards.
Bouygues Energies & Services were required to adopt the design for the facility in its current form and complete the necessary detail to facilitate two operational suites, supporting facilities, utilities, services and equipment within the annex building.
The Grade D suites were provided with a discreet HVAC system, comprising of air handling units and extract fans to allow independent operation. The air flows were designed to achieve a minimum air change rate of 20 per hour and the technical spaces are served by natural ventilation.
Room pressures were designed to maintain GMP and solvent vapour containment requirements; pressure differentials can be monitored and an alarm is raised if an area does not retain pressure within a specified delay time. Temperature can also be controlled to 21±3.
Our solution included chemical storage and distribution systems capable of handling industrial denatured alcohol (IDA), silver nitrate, brine, BeCl and Tween. Presence of IDA was a particular challenge, as it is a highly flammable liquid. A range of measures were put in place to reduce risk of fire or explosion, adhering to DSEAR and ATEX 137 regulations.
A single point of contact to boost performance
Providing detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning and validation to offer seamless engineering solutions to the challenges facing our client.
Efficiency delivered long-term
Successful demonstration of the client’s target silver hydrocel production rate of up to 130 tonnes per year.
Quality as priority
Through the provision of suitably qualified and experienced personnel, effective planning and effective document management, the client received a high quality project with 0 product quality deviations.
Seamless execution and handover
No unplanned interruption to existing operations during delivery, plus a maximum of 8 days planned outage for tie-ins to existing systems (including shutdown, cleaning and restart).
High productivity from the very start
Plant availability of greater than 95% in the first 12 weeks of routine manufacturing following process validation.
Latest case studies
- Bouygues Energies & Services were approached to design and build their new data centre at VIRTUS' impressive Stockley Park Campus.
- Bouygues Energies & Services were appointed as the turnkey partner for the refurbishment and upgrade of an operational computer room.
- Bouygues Energies & Services were approached to design and build their new, flagship data centre in Hayes, London.
- VIRTUS "energy efficient" data centre appointed Bouygues Energies & Services as their Design & Build partner.
De-risk Project Development
Accompanying you through the whole project development from concept stage to handover
Leveraging our engineering design and construction technique to accelerate and realise the vision of our clients
Compliance Strategies Within Regulated Sectors
Ensuring MHRA and FDA regulations are met as required
Ensuring greater long-term operational efficiency and productivity
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Gold Award for our continued focus on sustainability
- We're exhibiting at this year’s 2019 ISPE Europe Pharma 4.0 Conference, 20 - 21 November 2019, Manchester, Old Trafford.
- We have successfully renewed our Cyber Essentials Plus certification for the whole organisation.
- Virology Research Laboratory extension for AstraZeneca
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s DCD Event, 5 -6th November 2019, Old Billingsgate, London.
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
- We're encouraging our staff to share their work stories on social media.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde