Silver Hydrocel and Tank Farm Capacity Increase
Our client required the modification of their facility, where they chemically convert cellulose based fibres into a gelling fibre for antimicrobial wound dressings which contain ionic silver. Such products are registered as Class III medical devices, so the facility is required to operate under cGMP guidelines and is auditable by BSi, FDA and MHRA.
They required the capacity increase of a Silver Hydrocel manufacturing suite and an additional Industrial Denatured Alcohol (IDA) and Solvent Effluent storage capacity increase, that could be integrated with minimal disruption to ongoing operations. The capacity increase needed to include provision of Grade D cleanrooms fitted-out with manufacturing equipment, all of which would be designed, commissioned and validated in compliance with corporate and regulatory standards.
Bouygues Energies & Services were required to adopt the design for the facility in its current form and complete the necessary detail to facilitate two operational suites, supporting facilities, utilities, services and equipment within the annex building.
The Grade D suites were provided with a discreet HVAC system, comprising of air handling units and extract fans to allow independent operation. The air flows were designed to achieve a minimum air change rate of 20 per hour and the technical spaces are served by natural ventilation.
Room pressures were designed to maintain GMP and solvent vapour containment requirements; pressure differentials can be monitored and an alarm is raised if an area does not retain pressure within a specified delay time. Temperature can also be controlled to 21±3.
Our solution included chemical storage and distribution systems capable of handling industrial denatured alcohol (IDA), silver nitrate, brine, BeCl and Tween. Presence of IDA was a particular challenge, as it is a highly flammable liquid. A range of measures were put in place to reduce risk of fire or explosion, adhering to DSEAR and ATEX 137 regulations.
A single point of contact to boost performance
Providing detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning and validation to offer seamless engineering solutions to the challenges facing our client.
Efficiency delivered long-term
Successful demonstration of the client’s target silver hydrocel production rate of up to 130 tonnes per year.
Quality as priority
Through the provision of suitably qualified and experienced personnel, effective planning and effective document management, the client received a high quality project with 0 product quality deviations.
Seamless execution and handover
No unplanned interruption to existing operations during delivery, plus a maximum of 8 days planned outage for tie-ins to existing systems (including shutdown, cleaning and restart).
High productivity from the very start
Plant availability of greater than 95% in the first 12 weeks of routine manufacturing following process validation.
Latest case studies
- Delivering Hard Facilities Management Services to University Hospital Lewisham, BYES remains agile and adaptable to the high standard healthcare environment.
- We work in partnership with Broomfield Hospital to deliver Hard Facilities Management, Lifecycle and HelpDesk Services.
- We entered a partnership to design and construct a 5MWp solar PV farm, completed under an EPC framework.Energy
- Existing clients of ours wanted to bring their device inventories to 100% compliance.
- Our client required a highly controlled, ISO class 8 cleanroom for appropriate testing of the ExoMars Rover.Industry
- Our client required a new Learning Centre to influence and inspire young people to purse careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths).Industry
De-risk Project Development
Accompanying you through the whole project development from concept stage to handover
Leveraging our engineering design and construction technique to accelerate and realise the vision of our clients
Compliance Strategies Within Regulated Sectors
Ensuring MHRA and FDA regulations are met as required
Ensuring greater long-term operational efficiency and productivity
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special,
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde