Our client are a crucial player in the international ExoMars programme, led by the European Space Agency (ESA) and Roscosmos, meaning they are at the forefront of astronomical innovation. Given their position of influence and inspiration for young people, our client wished to construct a new STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) Centre through internal alterations and a single storey extension of their existing building.
inspiring future generations
fire and safety systems
Working in collaboration with a local college, our client was able to secure a grant from the Local Education Authority to construct the STEM Centre. The area will be used to teach local students about the space missions of the past and those planned for the future. Together with the Mars Rover test area next door, which is visible from the viewing gallery, the whole area is geared around STEM and encouraging young people to pursue careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths.
Following previous successful project delivery with our client on the ExoMars cleanroom building, Bouygues Energies & Services were appointed as the turnkey Design & Build partner for the delivery of this facility. By working closely with all decision makers, which included client teams, the local college and Local Education Authority, we were able to ensure our design and delivery met the specific requirements of the STEM centre.
Our solution included extensive security considerations, given the intended public use, installing fire safety mechanisms, CCTV, access control and security systems. The main challenge of the project was meeting the strict time constraints, as the facility needed to be completed in time to meet pre-arranged facility bookings by local schools and education centres.
A single point of contact to boost performance
Providing detailed design, architectural, procurement, construction, installation, specific client equipment, mechanical & electrical services, commissioning and training to offer seamless engineering solutions to the challenges facing our client.
Inspiring the future
The STEM Centre is sponsored by both our client and the LEA to provide an area of learning for the surrounding community. Not only does this promote our client’s corporate social responsibility activities, but also demonstrates their commitment to inspire future generations working in STEM.
The centre was opened by UK Astronaut, Major Tim Peake; further cementing our client's reputation in the Aerospace sector.
Delivery of the project to a strict time scale enabled our client to meet their booking commitments from students eager to access the STEM Centre.
Latest case studies
- Bouygues Energies & Services were approached to design and build their new data centre at VIRTUS' impressive Stockley Park Campus.
- Bouygues Energies & Services were appointed as the turnkey partner for the refurbishment and upgrade of an operational computer room.
- Bouygues Energies & Services were approached to design and build their new, flagship data centre in Hayes, London.
- VIRTUS "energy efficient" data centre appointed Bouygues Energies & Services as their Design & Build partner.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting awarded design and build for new VIRTUS Data Centres LONDON6
- Gold Award for our continued focus on sustainability
- We're exhibiting at this year’s 2019 ISPE Europe Pharma 4.0 Conference, 20 - 21 November 2019, Manchester, Old Trafford.
- We have successfully renewed our Cyber Essentials Plus certification for the whole organisation.
- Virology Research Laboratory extension for AstraZeneca
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s DCD Event, 5 -6th November 2019, Old Billingsgate, London.
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
- We're encouraging our staff to share their work stories on social media.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde