Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to announce they have successfully completed the design and build of the VIRTUS LONDON5 Data Centre. VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
VIRTUS LONDON5 data centre is part of the impressive VIRTUS Stockley Park Campus. The facility offers efficient, agile and flexible infrastructure comprising of over 10,000m² of IT technical data space and delivering 24MW of a total IT load. The facility is the first of four data centre facilities that will see the creation of VIRTUS’s first Hyper-scale campus.
Appointed at RIBA stage 3 and followed on from a fast track program, our data centre specialist delivered this seamless engineering project with remarkable effort, innovation and commitment. Bouygues Energies & Services bring this state of the art facility to its full density in just 22 months, 7 weeks earlier than anticipated.
Furthermore, our specialist in-house team brought all end-user power, security, connectivity and customer fit-out solutions that meet the requirements of flexibility and deliver the highest level of resilience, reliability, and availability that also ensures business continuity.
Daniel Mace, Executive Vice President, Data Centre, Bouygues Energies & Services stated: “With our two main USP being quality and speed to market, our in-house uptime accredited design and build team showed the flexible and agile nature required in today’s data centre market to deliver this project at this speed. Having in-house commissioning capabilities and applying our own 5 stage quality tagging system not only allows us to navigate these integral parts of the build but we can also guarantee the quality expected in this type of facility for this level of provider.”
Steven Weir, Managing Director Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting also added: “The speed, agility, and flexibility of this project are a testament to the partnership ethos we have with our clients, and supply chain here at Bouygues Energies & Service. This allows us to move quickly on all changes due to the trust we all have together, and therefore reducing if not completely removing the impact on project timelines”.
VIRTUS operating a 'defence-in-depth' approach to security including a dedicated on-site security team 24/7, protecting IT infrastructure as their highest priority. Our in-house security and communications divisions bring our bespoke solutions to this critical part of the Data Centre’s infrastructure that gives full control of this key element which is so integral to project success.
Together with the other successful completions of LONDON4, LONDON2, and LONDON1, Bouygues Energies & Services proudly working with VIRTUS are truly at the forefront of delivering design & build solutions for the high-level modern data centre.
To read the case study on VIRTUS LONDON5 CLICK HERE.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- We're encouraging our staff to share their work stories on social media.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde