VIRTUS Data Centres are one of the UK’s fastest growing data centre providers, offering more efficient and flexible facilities to their clients. They are an industry leader in hyper efficient, ultra-high density and highly interconnected facilities.
Total IT Power
net technical space
VIRTUS Data Centres required the Design & Build of a secure data centre for their primary site in Enfield, London. A single storey facility, comprising of over 6,360m2 ground floor area, including plant room, the data centre will be a reliable and carrier neutral colocation facility, with maximum flexibility and adaptability for clients.
Bouygues Energies & Services were appointed as the turnkey Design & Build partner for the Enfield mission critical facility, delivering world-class connectivity with access to high speed, resilient networks.
Built to enhanced Tier 3 specifications with a range of Tier 1 and Tier 2 carriers, our innovative solution included full range of colocation, interconnection, support and monitoring services, offering VIRTUS’ clients a resilient and secure, world-class, carrier neutral colocation facility. Our design included 11 self-contained collocation Data Halls and 2,900m2 of net technical space.
The facility is served by resilient 8MW 11kV diverse feeds from the National Grid, so key features of the design included bespoke power deployments available to meet in excess of 2kW per square, including a power usage efficiency (PUE) rating of less than 1.5.
In order to meet the client’s high level security and resilience requirements, our solution also incorporated many industry-leading features, such as centralised N+N in line UPS plant; N+1 HV standby diesel generator; N+1 CRAC units; and dual A&B UPS supplies, with 10 minutes autonomy at full load. We also installed advanced alarms and monitoring systems to ensure the integrity of the data centre.
A Single Point of Contact to Boost Performance
Providing detailed design, architectural, procurement, construction, installation, mechanical & electrical services and Integrated System Testing (IST), to offer seamless engineering solutions to the challenges facing our client.
VIRTUS’ data centre is designed to achieve BREEAM “Good” standard and maximise utilisation of renewable energy sources.
With a PUE of <1.5, the facility supports VIRTUS’ goals of being the energy efficient data centre provider of choice.
The data centre provides a fully integrated security solution with 100 per cent uptime; protecting and connecting data, the building and its assets.
Offering clients variety in deployment of IT solutions; from single rack or cabinet in a shared space, to a bespoke data centre suite with dedicated power and cooling. The range of power density solutions available reaches up to 15kW per cabinet without in-row cooling.
Latest case studies
- Bouygues Energies & Services were approached to design and build their new data centre at VIRTUS' impressive Stockley Park Campus.
- Bouygues Energies & Services were appointed as the turnkey partner for the refurbishment and upgrade of an operational computer room.
- Bouygues Energies & Services were approached to design and build their new, flagship data centre in Hayes, London.
Commitments - Data Centre
Delivering the highest level of efficiency, resilience and industry leading PUEs
Tailored solutions which meet the requirements of flexibility and modularity, supporting your growth strategy
Delivering the highest levels of availability for your infrastructure and assets
Integrating the latest technology and applications with sustainable design, to achieve BREEAM and LEED certifications
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting awarded design and build for new VIRTUS Data Centres LONDON6
- Gold Award for our continued focus on sustainability
- We're exhibiting at this year’s 2019 ISPE Europe Pharma 4.0 Conference, 20 - 21 November 2019, Manchester, Old Trafford.
- We have successfully renewed our Cyber Essentials Plus certification for the whole organisation.
- Virology Research Laboratory extension for AstraZeneca
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s DCD Event, 5 -6th November 2019, Old Billingsgate, London.
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
- We're encouraging our staff to share their work stories on social media.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde