Back to School - Inspiring The Next Generation of Engineers
Children are naturally curious about the world they live in. They are fascinated by building forts and bridges, connecting objects – looking at things and discovering how they work.
Based on this concept two of our colleagues from Bouygues Energies & Services, Matt Caddick and Owen Joslin, attended Oak Tree Primary School in Cheadle Hulme to talk about their engineering careers as part of the school’s Aspirations Week.
As guest speakers, Matt and Owen gave an inspirational speech to children presenting the engineering profession via their own day-to-day experience, and fostered diverse ideas for their future engineering, science and technical careers. They engaged in very fruitful conversations with the children about engineering and showcased the ways in which everyone can be a valuable and responsible member of society and enhance the future evolution of the world around us.
Hands-on learning and project-based activities are the best way to discover and bring engineering to life. Following this concept, Matt and Owen prepared practical workshops where the children were asked to draw their own fantasy home whilst considering some renewable energy solutions. Applying their imagination, the little engineers showed their enormous creativity and design flair and developed some futuristic sustainable solutions for their houses. The ideas were even discussed and developed in their lessons afterwards.
“The children were imaginative, inquisitive and demonstrated a high level of participation. It motivated all to think about their learning behaviours and how they can be applied across the whole curriculum”, commented Matt Caddick, Senior Electrical Design Engineer.
Sheena Clark, Deputy Headteacher, Oak Tree Primary School, said afterwards: “The children really enjoyed it and it has definitely given them an insight into the wider world of work.”
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- Bouygues Energies & Services successfully delivers the £1.3M refurbishment of the Adult Assessment Unit at Barnet Hospital
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded a place on the CCS’ ‘Traffic Management Technology 2’ (TMT2) Framework Agreement.
- Strengthenig Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde
- Launch of construction at Northern Ireland's first large-scale energy from waste facility.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win contract for the turnkey delivery of a waste-to-energy gasification plant in Belfast.