Kent County Council Energy Saving Scheme
In 2016, Bouygues Energies & Services partnered with Kent County Council to reduce street lighting energy consumption in order to meet the challenge of rising energy prices. To achieve this Kent County Council aimed to convert all of its current street lights to Light Emitting Diode (LED) products.
new street lighting units
Mike Whiting, Kent County Coucillor: "The decision to work with Bouygues E&S was based on the experience of their previous successful projects and our confidence that they had the right abilities to complete the project to an exemplary standard, while also addressing environmental challenges"
The overall aim of this project is to reduce energy consumption by at least 60% whilst maintaining lighting standards in accordance with BS5489: 2015. The project work, to install LED lanterns, started in March 2016 and will be delivered in three phases:
- In the first 14 months, 75,000 residential lights will be changed
- Over 24 months, approximately 45,000 major road and town centre street lights will be changed
- Ongoing maintenance of the assets for the duration of the contract
Bouygues Energies & Service designed an award winning project delivery plan which brought together strategic programming, smart logistics and a dedicated mobile workforce.
We delivered an energy focused design solution and guaranteed Kent County Council more than 65% in energy savings. This drove down their costs and increased their overall efficiency.
To ensure ease of monitoring, we have chosen a proven, reliable system which meets all of Kent County Council’s needs and has the in-built ability to offer future “Smart City” capabilities. Providing 100% connectivity for all street lights, all the newly installed units are linked to a central management system (CMS) which will allow Kent County Council to manage and adapt lighting levels as required.
Installation crews are managed by supervisors based in mobile welfare/office vehicles. This ensures safety, productivity and quality, and gives us better control of operations with supervisors based close to the works.
Whilst still in the early stages of this contract, Kent County Council have experienced numerous benefits through its partnership with Bouygues Energies & Services.
The Local Authority's investment is guaranteed
This is a result of the underwriting of energy and maintenance savings.
The smart logistics approach has enabled an accelerated programme option
Part of our winning strategy was designing an accelerated delivery programme for the LED conversion. By delivering this scheme in 25 months instead of 38 months, additional savings of £4m will be generated.
Average savings of £4m a year
The Council saves money and reduces its carbon footprint by lowering energy usage. Our LED conversion guaranteed saving 65.7 % of Kent’s street lighting energy thereby reducing the carbon footprint.
Maintenance costs will be reduced
We offered KCC an annual lump sum maintenance package - saving Kent County Council an estimated £1.6 million over 15 years and transfers the risk of any increased maintenance costs over the life of the contract to Bouygues.
Latest case studies
- Bouygues Energies & Services were approached to design and build their new data centre at VIRTUS' impressive Stockley Park Campus.
- Bouygues Energies & Services were appointed as the turnkey partner for the refurbishment and upgrade of an operational computer room.
- Bouygues Energies & Services were approached to design and build their new, flagship data centre in Hayes, London.
- VIRTUS "energy efficient" data centre appointed Bouygues Energies & Services as their Design & Build partner.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- On this project we will be using our new innovative modular solution to help achieve the quality, speed to market..
- Sustainability can be a uniting theme and in this context great partnerships can be built between universities and the private sector.
- Leon wins the Sustainability Awards!
- We've helped Manchester Cares get closer to their £10,000 target
- We're providing a safe long term solution to protect our healthcare workers
- We’ve contributed to over 23,000 fruit portions, 600 fruit baskets being delivered to NHS hospitals.
- Some of our team members share their experiences during Covid-19.
- We've been recognised for our approach to health and safety
- Well done to our four team members that have made the finals!
- The Most Effective Development to a Wellbeing Strategy
- ExCel London on the 11th – 12th March 2020
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s Data Centre World
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting awarded design and build for new VIRTUS Data Centres LONDON6
- Gold Award for our continued focus on sustainability
- We're exhibiting at this year’s 2019 ISPE Europe Pharma 4.0 Conference, 20 - 21 November 2019, Manchester, Old Trafford.
- We have successfully renewed our Cyber Essentials Plus certification for the whole organisation.
- Virology Research Laboratory extension for AstraZeneca
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s DCD Event, 5 -6th November 2019, Old Billingsgate, London.
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
- We're encouraging our staff to share their work stories on social media.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81