London Borough of Lambeth Energy and Efficiency Project
Bouygues Energies & Services partnered with the London Borough of Lambeth to save energy and improve efficiency by replacing existing street lighting with LED lanterns.
4 month delivery
reduction in energy consumption
The fundamental aims of this project were to reduce energy costs for Lambeth Council, and to provide better illuminated streets. The partnership with Bouygues Energies & Services infrastructure division has also helped the council to become more sustainable by reducing carbon emissions.
We delivered an energy focused design solution, driving down costs and increasing the London Borough of Lambeth's overall efficiency
- The ambitious programme of works was carried out by our infrastructure division, replacing a total of 8500 of the 15000 HID lighting units with LED residential lanterns.
- Replacement works began in June of 2016 and were completed one month ahead of schedule in September 2016
- Bouygues Energies & Services worked with lighting suppliers to ensure minimal disruption was caused to residents and road users
Our partnership with the London Borough of Lambeth resulted in serveral benefits:
Local Authority started receiving paybacks almost immediately
due to instant savings from energy bills as a result of early completion
Energy consumption was reduced
from over 905 Kw to 348.5 Kw, a 61% saving
Colour rendering from the LED lanterns improved visual clarity
Latest case studies
- Smart CityUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services partners with the London Borough of Lambeth to install LED Lanterns.Smart CityUnited-Kingdom
- An extensive lighting project in City of York to reduce energy consumption and save costs.Smart CityUnited-Kingdom
- Highways England partners with Bouygues Energies & Services to upgrade part of the M1 to a Smart Motorway.Smart CityUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services partners with Highways England to widen part of the busiest motorway in Europe.Smart CityUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services secures a partnership to improve 7.5km of motorway.Smart CityUnited-Kingdom
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- Bouygues Energies & Services successfully delivers the £1.3M refurbishment of the Adult Assessment Unit at Barnet Hospital
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded a place on the CCS’ ‘Traffic Management Technology 2’ (TMT2) Framework Agreement.
- Strengthenig Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde
- Launch of construction at Northern Ireland's first large-scale energy from waste facility.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win contract for the turnkey delivery of a waste-to-energy gasification plant in Belfast.