Highways England Smart Motorway Scheme
As part of the primary link between Nottingham and Leeds, the M1 junctions 28 to 31 are notoriously busy, carrying a significantly higher level of traffic than they were originally designed for. As a result of this, Highways England partnered with Bouygues Energies & Services to upgrade this section of the motorway to a Smart motorway.
miles of smart motorway
of ducting installed
- Removal of 45 MS3 signs and 250,000m of cable
- 60,000m of trenching in verges, side slopes/cuttings and installation of ducting and 62,000m of cabling
- Design, supply and installation of 94 CCTV masts for next generation IR cameras
- Supply and installation of 80 raise and lower masts for Wavetronix Radar detection system
- Supply and installation of 100 RCTTM
- Supply and installation of 900 motorway communication chambers.
- Fit out 45 portals of MS3 gantries
- Installation of 400 cabinets (610 type) with associated plinths
- Installation of 6 air quality analyses
- Supply and installation of 240m of steps, 16 landings with handrails and 1200m2 of access paving
- Commissioning, testing and maintaining site records.
Latest case studies
- Bouygues Energies & Services partners with University of the Arts London to make significant reduction in energy consumption and increase carbon savings.EnergyUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services partnered with Fenland District Council to improve energy efficiency and reduce carbon emissions.EnergyUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services provides Total Facilities Management to the Trust whilst remaining adaptable to their modern healthcare needs.BuildingsUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded contract as lead company to carry out and manage a connected control centre for public facilities.Smart CityUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services partners with LSE to significantly reduce their CO2 and energy consumption.EnergyUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services UK Head Office transitions to an agile working environment.BuildingsUnited-Kingdom
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- Bouygues Energies & Services successfully delivers the £1.3M refurbishment of the Adult Assessment Unit at Barnet Hospital
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded a place on the CCS’ ‘Traffic Management Technology 2’ (TMT2) Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde