Dive into the Cloud with the new MRS3 data centre!
7100m² of data storage in the heart of Marseille’s port district, with 5.5 metre-thick walls built for a German bunker in 1943: welcome to MRS3, a cutting-edge data centre whose initial construction phase has just been completed by Bouygues Energies & Services and Bouygues Bâtiment Sud-Est on behalf of Interxion, a European giant in the data centre sector. Explanations.
Oxford homes renovated to support vulnerable local people
Bouygues Energies & Services once again joined forces with Oxford-based charity Aspire to refurbish two properties in order to empower those facing homelessness, poverty and disadvantage.
We partnered with the Council to install street lighting across Oxford and has a long-term partnership with John Radcliffe Hospital, providing facilities management. Members of both the Street Lighting team and the John Radcliffe team took part in the initiative.
Join us at DCD Europe
One for the diary, 11th November 2020, 2pm - 3pm (GMT)
Design and build evolution - scaling through partnership and transparency
For the last decade, the data centre landscape has evolved rapidly, moulded by demands for the mix of facilities that meet the changing business needs of operators and their clients. The golden question: how to satisfy these ever-growing needs?
We are incredibly proud to announce that Bouygues Energies & Services Solutions has been awarded Gold for Investors in People!
Gold accreditation means not only that we’ve been recognised as having the policies in place but more than that, it means everyone - from CEO to apprentice - takes ownership for bringing them to life.
The Gold award has been achieved by just 17% of organisations assessed. It comes as a result of three years of tremendous dedication and hard work in achieving our action plan following our previous assessment.
Bouygues Energies & Services Powering Homes in Germany
Now more than ever there is a huge importance on greener renewable energy. TENNET, a Dutch grid system operator would like to provide renewable energy produced from the North Sea Wind Farms to homes across Germany by 2024.
Proud to partner with John Radcliffe Hospital to support the crucial work of Aspire
In collaboration with our colleagues from John Radcliffe Hospital we are proud to support Oxford-based charity Aspire, as they empower people facing homelessness, poverty and disadvantage. Here are some of the great initiatives they run, that we have been delighted to be able to support.
Renovating housing for the homeless
What is the issue?
Bad Air quality is a product of air pollution. Аir pollution is the single greatest environmental risk to human health and one of the main avoidable causes of death and disease globally, with an estimated 6.5 million premature deaths (2016) across the world attributed to indoor and outdoor air pollution.
Mark Acton, Chairs the panel discussion at DCME Virtual Event
On 6th October at 2pm Mark Acton will be joined by Dan Mace, EVP Bouygues Energies & Services, Ian Francis, Associate Director, Norman Disney & Young, Paul Henry, Regional Director for Infrastructure and Delivery for EMEA, Google.
Bouygues Energies & Services are event sponsors at the first-ever DATACENTRE.ME virtual event.
DCME GOES VIRTUAL International Exhibition & Conference is being held on the 6th – 7th October 2020.
From the comfort and convenience of your home or office, you will be able to step into the virtual exhibition hall and discover the latest industry products and services with the additional option to network and interact with the Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team.
Bouygues Energies & Services partnered with Airlite in 2019 as part of the Bouygues Matching-up scheme; a global programme aimed at delivering innovative solutions across our business for the benefit of clients and employees.
Airlite was identified as a revolutionary product, that could bring multiple benefits to all stakeholders with minimal cost and effort – simply switching paint. A London school was selected as a trial project for Airlite roll-out. Air quality was such a concern, windows in the school were prohibited from being opened, often causing rooms to be excessively warm in summer months.
We partnered with Airlite to deliver a sustainable and environmentally friendly solution helping tackle indoor air quality in our offices and contracts. Many of these are located in areas where the issue of air quality is paramount.Toxic nitrogen dioxide is the main pollutant that we sought to address in the most environmentally and sustainable way.
Reduction in Toxic Nitrogen Dioxide
Reduction in Hazardous Waste
Lower CO2 Footprint Than Regular Paint
What is Airlite?
Airlite is an innovative and environmentally friendly paint that actively purifies the air. Airlite copies nature to break down pollutants, acting as a catalyst, rather than absorbing or filtering them out.
- Actively breaks down NO2 to purify the air by reducing pollution and toxins.
- Naturally antimicrobial, killing bacteria on the surface and degrading viral
- Although not tested against COVID-19 yet, independent studies show that Airlite’s technology ‘could be used to inactivate the influenza virus’ (Nakano et al, 2012).
- Low CO2 footprint; between 62% and 76% lower than that of conventional paint.
- Prohibits mould growth, thereby reducing airborne spores and allergens.
- Contains no VOCs (respirable irritants).
- No hazardous or flammable waste.
- Breaks down smells.
- Certified Cradle to Cradle Gold, aligned to the circular economy, manufactured using 40% recycled materials in a factory powered entirely by renewable energy.
- Contributes to all major certification schemes, such as BREEAM, LEED and WELL.
Health Safety and Wellbeing
- In addition to the improvement of air quality, other impacts on health, safety and wellbeing were also appraised.
- Reducing VOCs has a direct beneficial impact on the health and safety of painters and contractors present at the time of painting (VOCs are linked to respiratory disease).
It also impacts occupants after the paint has been applied.
- Contractors noted that working with Airlite significantly reduced smell and left them feeling ‘clearer headed’. All painters enjoyed working with Airlite.
- Due to the lack of VOCs and smell, Airlite can be applied whilst buildings are occupied with doors and windows closed. This impacts customer satisfaction (the smell of paint is a common cause for complaints across the industry) as well as potential costs, with reduced downtime and painting not limited to out-of-hours works.
- Airlite has been independently tested at the below institutions to confirm it eliminates up to 99.9% of bacteria from any surface.
- Testing conducted at: University of Rome, La Sapienza (IT) and EMSL Analytical Inc, Houston (US).
- Switching from traditional paints to Airlite supported both Bouygues and the client towards their sustainability, environmental, innovation, air quality and employee health and wellbeing goals.
- Testing air quality requires results to be gathered over time, rather than a simple spot test. To gain meaningful insight to the effectiveness of Airlite, over 86,000 readings were taken over a period of one month.
- NO2 concentration was 96% less in the classroom painted with Airlite. Independent tests showed Airlite reduces NO2 levels by up to 88.8%after 60 minutes.
- Airlite’s environmental credentials are unparalleled in paint. VOC
free, powder based and made
with recycled raw materials, Airlite significantly reduces the CO2 footprint, VOCs and waste.
- In addition to removing VOCs, Airlite is naturally antimicrobial and has been proven to kill 99.9% of bacteria. As with the air purifying qualities, this property will not expire or reduce over time.
- Changing from a conventional paint to Airlite offered substantial environmental and sustainability benefits to both Bouygues and our client.
- Airlite transformed surfaces into active air purifiers, naturalising pollutants and killing bacteria for the lifetime of the application (up to 10 years). This will have a beneficial impact on our workforce and building occupants for years to come.
- Airlite is priced as a premium/eco paint, however offers additional benefits usually only associated with more costly and time consuming alternatives.
- The trial confirms Airlite is a suitable alternative to conventional paint and offers significant benefits to both Bouygues and our clients.