International Women in Engineering Day
- Celebrating our Female Engineers
Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate International Women in Engineering Day - Ikram Chbicheb, part of the Trainee estimating team explains her aspirations and first working experience in the engineering field.
"Gender diversity is an issue before we even start employment. As a child, I wanted to be an engineer; however, when it was time to start my university studies I hesitated, because for me engineering was a profession with a masculine connotation. Currently I am studying Electrical, Electronic and Automation Engineering at Claude Bernard University in Lyon, France. I really like the idea of working for an international company and the opportunity of an internship at Bouygues Energies & Services has given me a chance to familiarise myself with the electrical engineering industry and improve my English.
The challenges, and opportunities to learn are constant; all contributing to the pride felt from seeing a project come to reality. My biggest aspiration as an engineer is to directly contribute to projects that could change people’s lives for the better.
My experience here has been incredibly positive. I am the only woman in the estimating team, however, I don’t feel any discrimination. We work as a team and I see plenty of skills and qualities in my colleagues that I can learn from. It can be a good idea to find yourself a mentor within the company.
Celebrating “International Women in Engineering Day” means a lot to me. Indeed, in the world only 20% of technical jobs are occupied by women. Not only does talking about the different engineering professions allow women to learn more and follow their interests, it will break stereotypes and bring renewed confidence to girls who wish to pursue this career.
When asked for advice for any women who want to choose a career in engineering, I am full of positivity. If you want to work as an engineer, don’t hesitate. Besides, I would say – don’t consider yourself to be a female engineer, just be an engineer!"
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
- We're encouraging our staff to share their work stories on social media.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde