Festive fundraising at Bouygues Energies & Services
In order to give something back this festive season, Bouygues Energies & Services ran a ’12 Days of Christmas’ raising and giving campaign.
Our 12 Days of Christmas campaign was intended to have a positive impact on charities, the local community and of course, our employees and we’re delighted to say that it has been a great success!
Over the 12 day period we organised a variety of events, targeted at raising money, collecting donations and spreading a bit of festive cheer across our offices. These events included a toy collection on behalf of Wood Street Mission. The Manchester based charity support underprivileged children all year round, but at this time of year they open a Christmas Shop so that families may collect toys, advent calendars and festive supplies. The generous donations from our employees will directly benefit these children and families who might otherwise go without.
We also organised a food collection for the Chorlton and Didsbury Food Bank. They too operate all year round, but with the festive period being an especially difficult time financially, the extra donations to the food bank can make all the difference to those in need in our local community.
To boost staff morale and spread festive cheer we also organised a number of light-hearted activities including a gingerbread house competition, a ‘pot luck’ and a festive photo booth, as well as encouraging employees to decorate their desks and take part in Secret Santa. It has been great to see so many people getting involved, especially because our festive fun has been helping raise money for our chosen Christmas charity, Save the Children.
The final day of our campaign coincided with Save the Children’s Christmas Jumper Day. We of course participated, encouraging members of staff to don their best (or worst!) Christmas knitwear. In true Christmas spirit we also teamed up with local businesses to organise a 5k Santa Dash, raising even more money for Save the Children whilst getting everyone together for some exercise and festive cheer. Through everyone’s generosity we have managed to raise over £650!
Colleagues on site at one of our data centre projects have also been joining in the activities and fundraising efforts. They’ve managed to raise a further £300 for Nacro, a charity helping young people and families at risk of homelessness. The money they’ve raised will go towards Christmas supplies for those in need, as well as funding food parcels and other essentials in the coming months.
A huge thank you to absolutely everybody who has been involved in the Bouygues Energies & Services 12 Days of Christmas. Whether you volunteered your time, sponsored an event, participated in activities or donated money; this fantastic result would not be possible without you. Going into the holidays knowing we’ve contributed food, toys and money to those who desperately need it; what a nice way to end the year!
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Gold Award for our continued focus on sustainability
- We're exhibiting at this year’s 2019 ISPE Europe Pharma 4.0 Conference, 20 - 21 November 2019, Manchester, Old Trafford.
- We have successfully renewed our Cyber Essentials Plus certification for the whole organisation.
- Virology Research Laboratory extension for AstraZeneca
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s DCD Event, 5 -6th November 2019, Old Billingsgate, London.
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
- We're encouraging our staff to share their work stories on social media.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde