Skills Academy in Tower Hamlets
Bouygues Construction United Kingdom hosts women's construction skills academy highlighting the range of career opportunities in construction
In partnership with Tower Hamlets Council, Mount Anvil, Endeavour UK and Women into Construction, Bouygues Construction United Kingdom’s bespoke five-day course was targeted specifically to female residents of the borough. Participants received a combination of classroom and practical training, giving them tangible qualifications to embark on a potential career in the construction industry and to apply for relevant roles.
They also had the opportunity to hear from over 20 female staff from Bouygues, Mount Anvil, Women into Construction and Keltbray about their career journeys into construction and engineering, gaining insight into the diversity of career opportunities available in these exciting industries.
On Friday, coinciding with International Women’s Day, Chairman of Bouygues Construction United Kingdom, Fabienne Viala and Mayor of Tower Hamlets, John Biggs, met the course participants and presented them with certificates as a mark of their achievements so far.
Fabienne Viala, Chair of Bouygues Construction United Kingdom, said:
“It has been very encouraging to see that so many of the participants have been inspired by what they have experienced this week and I sincerely hope that we will see their faces on our sites in the future.
“So often there are misconceptions about the industry but as a woman who has spent over 30 years in construction, I know from personal experience what a dynamic and collaborative sector it really is and passionately believe that the more diverse our workforce, the more innovation we can continue to bring.
“I am very proud and grateful to Welink, our professional women’s network for Bouygues UK and Bouygues Energies & Services, for their energy and enthusiasm in driving this fantastic initiative and to all our female staff who have volunteered their time this week to share their positive experiences of the industry. I very much hope that it will encourage the participants to join us.”
John Biggs, Mayor of Tower Hamlets, said:
“I’m delighted to be here on International Women’s Day to congratulate the inspiring women who have completed this course. We must all do what we can to ensure that outdated views about male-only industries are consigned to history where they belong.”
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde