Our commitment to a low-carbon and efficient fleet
At Bouygues Energies & Services 10% of our commercial fleet are now electric vehicles. Our average CO2 generated per km stood at 162.3g in January this year, compared to our January 2019 figure of 238.7g, a figure we hope will reduce significantly over time. Reducing carbon emissions makes a lot of sense for us, not only to reduce our environmental impacts but also to reduce costs.
Our vehicles are used by our teams in mobile engineering, grounds and window cleaning, street lighting teams and for the work we do up and down Britain’s motorways and major trunk roads. Our aim is to have many more electric vehicles and as the range of larger electric vehicles increases so will our fleet.
We choose electric vehicles because as well as having a very low carbon footprint they do not emit any other pollutants and this is particularly important when we are working in areas of poor air quality.
In addition, we now have the capability in-house to install any vehicle charging requirements ourselves, from fast to ultra-rapid. This is efficient and cost effective both for our fleet and our clients’ vehicles.
Enabling more efficient driving
All our vehicles have the latest in-vehicle telemetry. Telemetry gives us information about a vehicle or driver's performance by collecting data from sensors within the vehicle. This helps us to direct the best-placed vehicles to each job and to avoid traffic jams. We can also monitor driver performance; harsh braking, rapid acceleration and fuel efficiency, so that we can help all drivers to be more efficient.
We support this further with training, teaching our drivers not only how to drive more efficiently but also more safely, which is vital when crews are on the road so much. In addition the telemetry helps identify which drivers might need improvement in specific areas.
Additional benefits include reduced levels of stress, because electric vehicles are easier to drive in slow moving traffic, and reduced maintenance costs as vehicles that are well-driven have reduced wear and tear.
Reducing environmental and social impacts
Our traditional diesel fleet, like others, was responsible for large levels of CO2 emissions and noxious tailpipe emissions. A switch to electric vehicles addresses both of these issues and can also help to reduce levels of noise nuisance if our crews are working in residential streets. Improved logistics also reduce our overall mileage, again helping reduce Carbon emissions.Performance
Real-time vehicle telemetry allows us to respond more quickly to emergencies and call-outs, making sure the right vehicle attends the job. This means more time working and less time on the road, as well as reducing fuel costs and emissions.
Improved vehicle efficiency also reduces fuel usage and electric vehicles avoid most congestion and parking charges. Best of all, our crews are less tired and stressed.
Defensive driving techniques can help our staff to stay safe and to drive more efficiently. There are also indications that levels of tiredness and stress are also reduced.
Helping to tackle air pollution is of wider benefit to society, especially in urban areas where traffic contributes to poor levels of air quality.
It’s simple - electric vehicles are better for us and better for the environment.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Interview with Adeel Aslam, Technical Director, Bouygues Energies & Services, Contracting
- where we provided a solution to help improve the internal air quality
- 7100 m² of data storage in the heart of Marseille’s port district
- One for the diary, 11th November 2020, 2pm - 3pm (GMT)
- Provide renewable energy produced from the North Sea Wind Farms to homes across Germany by 2024.
- Pre-fabrication modular block: The paradigm shift to build a data centre differently?
- A virtual celebration to thank our supply chain
- Largest 'Subsidy-Free' Solar Farm in the UK to be Built by Bouygues Energies & Services for NextEnergy Capital
- There has always been a huge importance on reducing our Global footprint, to ensure a sustainable future
- A day for employers across the country to advocate their support for responsible employment.
- We have signed a first of its kind deal with Airlite, an innovative paint company
- Top tips to reduce you carbon footprint while working from home
- Along with 17 other companies the Data Centre team undertook a number of high-level fundraising activities in aid of CRASH charity.
- On this project we will be using our new innovative modular solution to help achieve the quality, speed to market..
- Sustainability can be a uniting theme and in this context great partnerships can be built between universities and the private sector.
- Leon wins the Sustainability Awards!
- We've helped Manchester Cares get closer to their £10,000 target
- We're providing a safe long term solution to protect our healthcare workers
- We’ve contributed to over 23,000 fruit portions, 600 fruit baskets being delivered to NHS hospitals.
- Some of our team members share their experiences during Covid-19.
- We've been recognised for our approach to health and safety
- Well done to our four team members that have made the finals!
- The Most Effective Development to a Wellbeing Strategy
- ExCel London on the 11th – 12th March 2020
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s Data Centre World
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting awarded design and build for new VIRTUS Data Centres LONDON6
- Gold Award for our continued focus on sustainability
- We're exhibiting at this year’s 2019 ISPE Europe Pharma 4.0 Conference, 20 - 21 November 2019, Manchester, Old Trafford.
- We have successfully renewed our Cyber Essentials Plus certification for the whole organisation.
- Virology Research Laboratory extension for AstraZeneca
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s DCD Event, 5 -6th November 2019, Old Billingsgate, London.
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
- We're encouraging our staff to share their work stories on social media.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102