New Lamagistère photovoltaic power plant
A PV plant that will generate the equivalent of Lamagistère municipality’s annual electricity consumption
Following 6 months of works involving around 80 people, Bouygues Energies & Services and Sun’R inaugurated the Lamagistère PV plant in the presence of Bruno Dousson, mayor of the municipality, and Jean-Michel Baylet, president of the Deux-Rives joint local authority, along with local elected officials and project stakeholders. Built and financed by Sun’R, in collaboration with Bouygues Energies & Services, the 5MW, 10-hectare plant comprises 17,848 solar panels and will cover the annual electricity consumption of the municipality’s 1,500 households, generating 7.1 million kilowatt hours of power per year.
An environmentally friendly project
The project includes a strong commitment to protecting flora and fauna. We preserved wetlands, and all of the cut wood was recycled into chips and sawdust. This is also something that is financially beneficial for the development of the municipality.
Explains Antoine Nogier, chairman of Sun’R.
The 776 solar tracking systems for the solar panels follow the sun’s path. The plant’s output is estimated at 5MW and electricity generation at 7.1 million kilowatt hours per year, the equivalent of the municipality’s annual consumption.
Cooperation between two players involved in the green energy transition
Sun’R and Bouygues Energies & Services pooled their respective capabilities to help the municipality transition to sustainable energy. Project developer Sun’R carried out all of the procedures required for construction: from establishing a landownership partnership with the municipality and securing town planning and connection approvals to maintaining and operating the plant. As part of the construction process, Sun’R relied on us for advice, technical expertise and construction quality.
Our aim is to help optimise the cost of generating PV electricity for our clients while maintaining a very high-quality service. The techniques used on the Lamagistère project are clean, and the low-carbon panels require minimal maintenance.
Says Nicolas Beret, our photovoltaic operations manager in France.
Located in the north-east of the Lamagistère municipality on the site of a former gravel pit that closed down some 20 years ago, the plant represents an investment of €5 million, financed by Sun’R.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- Process engineering is one of the many specialisms we offer at Bouygues Energies & Services, with process engineering services often relied upon by clients in the pharmaceutical, life science and industrial biotechnology sectors.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- Data Centres have become a part of our lives in a way that most of us don’t realise, but with 259 colocation data centres in the UK alone, they are a crucial part of our infrastructure.
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- As well as STEM-specific roles, we are proud to offer Apprenticeships in business support services, because we know that the growth of our business requires a variety of skills.
- Graduate Trainee, Connor Cassley, describes his experience of the graduate scheme and explains how even the most unconventional degree can be more relevant to the world of business than you think...
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special,
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement for Bouygues Energies & Services.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde