Why are we encouraging our teams to use social media?
In July we launched our Let’s Share campaign to our staff. The campaign aims to raise awareness of the Bouygues group’s social media pages and encourage staff to share their own stories about their work and the company on their own social networks with confidence. Why? We felt strongly that empowering our people to take ownership of their professional profiles was a win for themselves, the company and the wider industry.; they will be able to position themselves as experts, showcase our diverse and multi-skilled workforce, and raise awareness of what it’s really like to work at Bouygues.
We knew some of our people were keen to write about their work on social media and many were already doing so. But we also wanted to find out a bit more about the reasons why many others didn’t. Was it because they simply didn’t want to or was there more to it?
Here’s what we found out:
- 77.5% of the staff we surveyed at our events had a Linkedin profile but only 26.5% posted about their work or the company
- 77% of those who told us they didn’t post about their work or the company, said it was because they didn’t feel confident in doing so, or were afraid of doing or saying something wrong.
We organised a number of site-based Let’s Share events throughout the country covering ways to boost their professional profile using Twitter and LinkedIn, giving them an insight into what makes up their digital footprint and walking them through our social media guidelines. As a result of those workshops, 88% said that they felt more confident sharing content about their professional life on social networks.
We hope that equipping our workforce with clear guidelines on how they can post about their job on social media in a way that is safe for both themselves and the company will help foster a culture of empowerment and trust.
We are really excited to see the stories our people will be sharing about their jobs, help demonstrate how they bring ideas to life and what it’s like to work at Bouygues.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde