Back to School - Inspiring The Next Generation of Engineers
Children are naturally curious about the world they live in. They are fascinated by building forts and bridges, connecting objects – looking at things and discovering how they work.
Based on this concept two of our colleagues from Bouygues Energies & Services, Matt Caddick and Owen Joslin, attended Oak Tree Primary School in Cheadle Hulme to talk about their engineering careers as part of the school’s Aspirations Week.
As guest speakers, Matt and Owen gave an inspirational speech to children presenting the engineering profession via their own day-to-day experience, and fostered diverse ideas for their future engineering, science and technical careers. They engaged in very fruitful conversations with the children about engineering and showcased the ways in which everyone can be a valuable and responsible member of society and enhance the future evolution of the world around us.
Hands-on learning and project-based activities are the best way to discover and bring engineering to life. Following this concept, Matt and Owen prepared practical workshops where the children were asked to draw their own fantasy home whilst considering some renewable energy solutions. Applying their imagination, the little engineers showed their enormous creativity and design flair and developed some futuristic sustainable solutions for their houses. The ideas were even discussed and developed in their lessons afterwards.
“The children were imaginative, inquisitive and demonstrated a high level of participation. It motivated all to think about their learning behaviours and how they can be applied across the whole curriculum”, commented Matt Caddick, Senior Electrical Design Engineer.
Sheena Clark, Deputy Headteacher, Oak Tree Primary School, said afterwards: “The children really enjoyed it and it has definitely given them an insight into the wider world of work.”
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special,
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- Bouygues Energies & Services successfully delivers the £1.3M refurbishment of the Adult Assessment Unit at Barnet Hospital
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded a place on the CCS’ ‘Traffic Management Technology 2’ (TMT2) Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde