Bouygues Energies & Services have helped Manchester Cares get closer to their £10,000 target. A charity that is focused on helping our older neighbours by reducing isolation, improving connection and bring people together.
At Bouygues Energies & Services there's a huge importance of giving back to the local community; the partnership with Manchester Cares allows them to do that through volunteering and donations.
This year through their CSR initiative they were able to donate £1,000 to help the charity to keep elderly people connected and engaged during the Covid 19 crises. Their donation will help Manchester Cares continue its work with its older neighbours, by filling the gap in funding lost during the current unprecedented situation. This donation will help keep events such as, online social clubs, phone a friendships and mailing and emailing communications running as well as ensuring the most vulnerable get access to vital services in the Manchester Area.
“Donations like this are vital to allow us to continue our work when neighbors in Manchester needs us most. Like many charities, we have lost out on £1000s of income from postponed fundraising events and challenge events like the Great Manchester Run. This donation will help us to make up for this loss and continue to fund our Covid-19 response activities. Said Rob Paterson, Development Coordinator at Manchester Cares”
The contribution will help support Manchester Cares with their planned activity to help the elderly during this pandemic by:
- Posting activity packs to 630 older people every month. Activity packs include a month’s worth of daily activities, as well as messages of support and creative contributions from volunteers.
- Running 3 Virtual Social Clubs every week using Zoom and providing support to older people to set it up. This includes Desert Island Discs (watch everyone enjoying a dance here) and a pub quiz led by social clubs regular Ged (67). This is making a huge difference to people like Liz (68), who misses going to our social clubs, but says the online versions are giving her a 'sense of purpose' while she's stuck inside.
-Setting up and supporting Phone-A-Friend matches between younger volunteers and older neighbours to have multiple weekly phone conversations. We’ve set up 37 matches so far, including Alice (24) and Charles (67), who are having limerick battles to help each other stay positive.
- Calling dozens of older people to check in on them, provide regular contact and make sure they're getting any urgent support that they need. This includes carrying out emergency food deliveries and referring to NHS support.
“Supporting causes like Manchester Cares in these unprecedented times is key to keeping us in touch with our communities. Without being able to gift our time through volunteering days to causes such as Manchester Cares, we are at least able to gift donations from our central CSR Fund to help” said James Timon Senior HR Manager Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- On this project we will be using our new innovative modular solution to help achieve the quality, speed to market..
- Sustainability can be a uniting theme and in this context great partnerships can be built between universities and the private sector.
- Leon wins the Sustainability Awards!
- We're providing a safe long term solution to protect our healthcare workers
- We’ve contributed to over 23,000 fruit portions, 600 fruit baskets being delivered to NHS hospitals.
- Some of our team members share their experiences during Covid-19.
- We've been recognised for our approach to health and safety
- Well done to our four team members that have made the finals!
- The Most Effective Development to a Wellbeing Strategy
- ExCel London on the 11th – 12th March 2020
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s Data Centre World
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting awarded design and build for new VIRTUS Data Centres LONDON6
- Gold Award for our continued focus on sustainability
- We're exhibiting at this year’s 2019 ISPE Europe Pharma 4.0 Conference, 20 - 21 November 2019, Manchester, Old Trafford.
- We have successfully renewed our Cyber Essentials Plus certification for the whole organisation.
- Virology Research Laboratory extension for AstraZeneca
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s DCD Event, 5 -6th November 2019, Old Billingsgate, London.
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
- We're encouraging our staff to share their work stories on social media.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80