As a responsible and committed company, Bouygues Construction has for many years been innovating and developing sustainable solutions and projects that encourage the energy transition. The ambitious climate strategy that the Group is now introducing will reduce its carbon footprint across its entire value chain in line with the ambition of the Paris Climate Agreement.
BOUYGUES CONSTRUCTION’S CARBON FOOTPRINT
2.9 million tonnes of CO2 in 2019 (calculated for scopes 1&2 and 3A)
- Weight of scopes 1&2: 11%
- Weight of scope 3A: 89%
THE GROUP’S COMMITMENTS IN FIGURES with regard to greenhouse gas emissions:
- Scopes 1&2 (1): 40% reduction
- Scope 3A (2): 30% reduction
(intensity calculation for 2030, base year 2019)
- Scope 3B (3): A commitment to provide innovative solutions for all the Group’s markets, in order to reduce the environmental footprint of its projects when they are in use.
(1) Scopes 1&2 : electricity on construction sites, fuel for site machines, energy consumption of head offices and local offices, business travel by plane and train, vehicle fleets
(2) Scope 3A (upstream): purchase of products and construction materials, freight, fixed assets, IT equipment
(3) Scope 3B (downstream): emissions of products and services sold
Beyond reducing its own direct and indirect emissions, Bouygues Construction also wants to support the development of a responsible use of the buildings and structures it constructs. To achieve this, the Group offers it is customers a wide range of solutions promoting the energy performance of buildings, neighbourhoods, and towns and cities, the production and distribution of low-carbon energy and the development of low-carbon mobility.
Bouygues Construction is taking action across the entire value chain of its operations: design, purchase of materials, the execution of projects, and the operation of buildings and structures.
In the 60 countries in which the Group operates, this strategy depends heavily on a high capacity for innovation and on the strength of its network of partner companies (suppliers and subcontractors).
To act on scopes 1&2 (11% of the Group’s carbon footprint), the principal actions taken by Bouygues Construction will be to operate a fleet of green vehicles (90% of green vehicles in 2030), to reduce travel by employees (50% fewer international flights and 80% fewer domestic flights) and to reduce the energy consumption of all its construction sites and other locations.
To act on scope 3A upstream (89% of the carbon footprint), the Group’s principal measures will relate to reducing the impact of materials purchased (concrete, joinery, cables, etc.), working with local suppliers to reduce freight, and reducing the carbon footprint of its IT equipment by 15% by 2025. In order to reduce the carbon intensity of the cements it employs, roadmaps have been drawn up on a country-by-country basis to achieve an overall reduction of 40% in the carbon intensity of cement (kg CO2e/m3). Timber construction will also become a priority as Bouygues Construction has undertaken to carry out 30% of its European building projects in timber by 2030.
To act on scope 3B downstream, Bouygues Construction offers its customers a wide range of low-carbon and carbon-free solutions to support their efforts to reduce their carbon footprint: the production and distribution of decarbonised energy; the energy performance of buildings, neighbourhoods, and towns and cities; and the development of low-carbon mobility.
Philippe Bonnave, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said:
“Bouygues Construction’s climate strategy aims to make an active contribution to reducing the carbon impact of construction. The commitment of our teams and their ability to innovate in conjunction with our partners and listening to our customers is our main asset in meeting this challenge. The many sustainable projects already delivered by the Group show us that this is possible, and we must go further. The Group is in the process of adopting a true low-carbon culture.”
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services have helped plant over 235 trees in Malawi with the help of Fruitful Office
- Bouygues Construction UK donates laptops to schools and charities, helping to support families in need.
- Earlier this week we spoke to Jo Adams, one of our lead Interior Designers
- Bouygues Energies & Services support Bouygues Construction is continuing to sow its seeds in Australia.
- Each year we hold our internal Sustainability Awards open to all our people within Bouygues & Energies Services UK.
- Food sustainability is about culture, health, equity and respect for the planet we live on.
- We see you as more than a number…
- Interview with Adeel Aslam, Technical Director, Bouygues Energies & Services, Contracting
- where we provided a solution to help improve the internal air quality
- 7100 m² of data storage in the heart of Marseille’s port district
- One for the diary, 11th November 2020, 2pm - 3pm (GMT)
- Provide renewable energy produced from the North Sea Wind Farms to homes across Germany by 2024.
- Pre-fabrication modular block: The paradigm shift to build a data centre differently?
- A virtual celebration to thank our supply chain
- Find out why we're prioritising electric vehicles
- Largest 'Subsidy-Free' Solar Farm in the UK to be Built by Bouygues Energies & Services for NextEnergy Capital
- There has always been a huge importance on reducing our Global footprint, to ensure a sustainable future
- A day for employers across the country to advocate their support for responsible employment.
- We have signed a first of its kind deal with Airlite, an innovative paint company
- Top tips to reduce you carbon footprint while working from home
- Along with 17 other companies the Data Centre team undertook a number of high-level fundraising activities in aid of CRASH charity.
- On this project we will be using our new innovative modular solution to help achieve the quality, speed to market..
- Sustainability can be a uniting theme and in this context great partnerships can be built between universities and the private sector.
- Leon wins the Sustainability Awards!
- We've helped Manchester Cares get closer to their £10,000 target
- We're providing a safe long term solution to protect our healthcare workers
- We’ve contributed to over 23,000 fruit portions, 600 fruit baskets being delivered to NHS hospitals.
- Some of our team members share their experiences during Covid-19.
- We've been recognised for our approach to health and safety
- Well done to our four team members that have made the finals!
- The Most Effective Development to a Wellbeing Strategy
- ExCel London on the 11th – 12th March 2020
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s Data Centre World
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting awarded design and build for new VIRTUS Data Centres LONDON6
- Gold Award for our continued focus on sustainability
- We're exhibiting at this year’s 2019 ISPE Europe Pharma 4.0 Conference, 20 - 21 November 2019, Manchester, Old Trafford.
- We have successfully renewed our Cyber Essentials Plus certification for the whole organisation.
- Virology Research Laboratory extension for AstraZeneca
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s DCD Event, 5 -6th November 2019, Old Billingsgate, London.
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
- We're encouraging our staff to share their work stories on social media.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121