On Thursday 20th June 2019, the Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Construction Industry Dragon Boat Challenge to raise money for CRASH. CRASH is a unique, practical charity that assists homelessness and hospice charities with construction-related projects, creating places that care for people.
The Dragon Boat challenge took place at West Reservoir, London, where 40 teams from the construction & property sector competed over the 150m race course, for those of you that don’t know, a dragon boat team consists of 10 paddlers sitting two abreast, a Cox who steers from the rear, and a drummer who sits at the front.
Bouygues Energies & Services data centre team supported the event by entering two teams, together they helped raise an astonishing £2,895.95. Lucie Gillard, CRASH Fundraising Executive, praised the team for being the top fundraiser, helping to raise an incredible total of £21,340.
Lucy Sargeant, Project Manager at Bouygues Energies & Services said:
“The London Construction Industry Dragon Boat race is an organised event where we were competing against 40 other companies. On top of the entry fee we wanted to raise further funds for the charity it was all in aid of, CRASH. We organised a bake sale on-site to raise some money to go to CRASH, we also asked our sub-contractors who kindly supported us as well as our clients, family, and friends.
It was really good fun to organise and take part in something as a team and raise money for a great charity at the same time, we were ecstatic to be awarded the top fundraiser! Winning a sailing day donated by Sunsail for the team.
Although we didn’t win the race, everyone gave it their all and maybe next time we will get training and have a bit more of a strategy but it was great fun and everyone had a good laugh.”
If you would like to learn about our data projects click here.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde