BOUYGUES CONSTRUCTION UNITED KINGDOM MARKS COMMITMENT TO STAFF WELLBEING WITH WEEK OF HEALTH & SAFETY ACTIVITIES
This week, staff at Bouygues Construction United Kingdom’s businesses – which include construction company Bouygues UK, energy and services provider Bouygues Energies & Services and property development company Linkcity – are taking part in a week of activities to emphasise the importance of health, safety and wellbeing.
Following on from the UK Health and Safety Day held last year, this year’s events have an increased focus on staff wellbeing, with particular attention paid to the physical and mental health of Bouygues Construction United Kingdom’s 4,000 employees. Training sessions for all staff will address issues of mental health, stress and work-life balance, alongside how health and safety can be improved, with a focus on noise awareness.
Every member of staff across the group’s UK sites and offices will be invited to attend dedicated sessions, which will include films featuring the CEOs of the Bouygues UK and Bouygues Energies & Services businesses and UK Country Manager Fabienne Viala making their commitment to these important issues of health, safety and wellbeing very clear. A photo competition will also run throughout the week for staff to get involved by submitting images that depict what returning home safely each day means to employees and their families.
Fabienne Viala, UK Country Manager for Bouygues Construction United Kingdom, said: “Our vision is a culture where everybody contributes to the health, safety and wellbeing of each other. It is our absolute priority that our sites are safe, and that our employees go home safely to their loved ones each and every day, which is why this week is so crucial.
The training sessions that every Bouygues Construction United Kingdom employee is invited to are a key element of creating a positive culture where everyone is encouraged to help improve our processes. This is part of our efforts to empower our employees to become health and safety leaders, ensuring the highest standards across the business.
“We felt it was vital for this year’s events to give wellbeing the same importance as health and safety. The health of our employees is more than purely physical, and we feel it is only right to put a greater emphasis on mental health and wellbeing this year.”
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde