Are you just another number? Not here!
Looking at Bouygues Energies & Services from the outside, you’ll have your own view on the company. The first thing that comes up is working for a Global company you’re just another number, you won’t be trusted, you’ll be limited on the projects and the list goes on. However, that’s not the case at Bouygues Energies & Services.
As a company they have always viewed employees as their greatest assets who are passionate and excited to be working on unique, diverse projects, who are proud to be associated with the company and committed to offering a service that goes above and beyond the clients’ expectations.
Ben More, senior electrical engineer, joined Bouygues Energies & Services, Industry in 2019 to work on unique and different types of projects that would challenge and develop his skills further, in a recent interview he said:
“I joined Bouygues Energies & Services in Sept 2019 leaving a company I had been with for over 11 years. I joined the electrical team due to the diverse projects, and after speaking to Phil Johnson, electrical design team manager, it was clear that they were a company that invested in its employees and they were not just a number like other big companies.”
This is also supported by Faye Ainsley, senior electrical engineer, Bouygues Energies & Services, Industry who has now been with the company for 3 years:
“I would like to think that the leap actually paid off as now I’m 3 years further down the line in my career at Bouygues Energies & Services and I’m still enjoying my job and learning every day.”
Like many of us starting at a new company isn’t always easy especially when you’re joining an existing team. However, at Bouygues Energies & Services there is a supportive mentality across the board, from the director all the way through the team which Ben found:
“Coming from a pharmaceutical and defence background it was a completely different world. I needn’t have worried as everyone was helpful from the site team, design team through to directors and made me feel welcome, part of the team and anything I couldn’t quite understand was explained.”
Faye has also had a similar experience where her team and colleagues have supported her professional development. She was awarded with Incorporated Engineers status by the IET:
“I actually started the application to the IET way back in 2016 before I joined Bouygues Energies & Services but never truly believed I could achieve it until I was egged on by my colleagues at Bouygues and I’m so glad I finally did believe in myself.”
Her achievement is something that she has also credited to her colleagues, Faye said:
“It was a lengthy application and interview process. For me this is a huge achievement. Without the help and support from colleagues at Bouygues Energies & Services I would never have believed I could achieve this professional recognition.”
Working on unique and challenging project
Both Faye and Ben, have had the pleasure to work on some incredible data centre projects for VIRTUS Data Centres where the clients have had specific requirements.
“The proudest moment of my career is having an input into the design and implementation of the modular solution used on the VIRTUS LONDON7 project.”
“What excited me most about working on this project was working with a client that was installing current data centre technology yet also looking at the future of data centre technology and what could be implemented to aid in environmental considerations, modular construction, installation and equipment replacement techniques”,
“Virtus LONDON 7 project has been the most challenging project of my career so far but yet has been the most enjoyable” said Ben.
Faye is currently working on LONDON 5, 6 & 7 Data Centres.
“The most exciting thing happening within these projects right now are the modular, off site prefabricated switch rooms that we are working with Mardix, our supply chain partner, to develop and build the modular building blocks. Although I have not been directly involved with the design of these modules, I’m excited to see where we can take them in the future as this is the first time we have done anything like this in the DC world and there have been many aspects that we can learn and grow and improve on in the future”, explains Faye.
She is very eager what the future holds for the data centre industry within the pre-fabrication area.
Learning and opening new horizons
There is always an opportunity to learn with so many experienced individuals around you and a mentoring programme to support you which is complimented by some incredible clients.
Which Faye found: “I joined Bouygues Energies & Services and every day I was learning and taking on new challenges, I really found my place within the company at this point. I was working with a team of excellent engineers who helped me to learn and grow in this new (to me) sector.”
“Although I faced some of the most daunting and challenging days in my career while on such a steep learning curve I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoy working and learning from the people around me and those people really made the project a success from my point of view”, she added.
Ben also supported this: “This was mainly down to working with a client that is approachable and open to new ideas, an electrical design manager and design team who have welcomed me and introduced me to the world of data centres.”
There is a huge stereotype about Global companies but it’s just a stereotype. At Bouygues Energies & Services you will get a chance to work with some incredible individuals, you’ll be empowered and challenged every day.
To find out about some of our projects and services CLICK HERE.
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Earlier this week we spoke to Jo Adams, one of our lead Interior Designers
- Bouygues Energies & Services support Bouygues Construction is continuing to sow its seeds in Australia.
- Each year we hold our internal Sustainability Awards open to all our people within Bouygues & Energies Services UK.
- Food sustainability is about culture, health, equity and respect for the planet we live on.
- Interview with Adeel Aslam, Technical Director, Bouygues Energies & Services, Contracting
- where we provided a solution to help improve the internal air quality
- 7100 m² of data storage in the heart of Marseille’s port district
- One for the diary, 11th November 2020, 2pm - 3pm (GMT)
- Provide renewable energy produced from the North Sea Wind Farms to homes across Germany by 2024.
- Pre-fabrication modular block: The paradigm shift to build a data centre differently?
- A virtual celebration to thank our supply chain
- Find out why we're prioritising electric vehicles
- Largest 'Subsidy-Free' Solar Farm in the UK to be Built by Bouygues Energies & Services for NextEnergy Capital
- There has always been a huge importance on reducing our Global footprint, to ensure a sustainable future
- A day for employers across the country to advocate their support for responsible employment.
- We have signed a first of its kind deal with Airlite, an innovative paint company
- Top tips to reduce you carbon footprint while working from home
- Along with 17 other companies the Data Centre team undertook a number of high-level fundraising activities in aid of CRASH charity.
- On this project we will be using our new innovative modular solution to help achieve the quality, speed to market..
- Sustainability can be a uniting theme and in this context great partnerships can be built between universities and the private sector.
- Leon wins the Sustainability Awards!
- We've helped Manchester Cares get closer to their £10,000 target
- We're providing a safe long term solution to protect our healthcare workers
- We’ve contributed to over 23,000 fruit portions, 600 fruit baskets being delivered to NHS hospitals.
- Some of our team members share their experiences during Covid-19.
- We've been recognised for our approach to health and safety
- Well done to our four team members that have made the finals!
- The Most Effective Development to a Wellbeing Strategy
- ExCel London on the 11th – 12th March 2020
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s Data Centre World
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting awarded design and build for new VIRTUS Data Centres LONDON6
- Gold Award for our continued focus on sustainability
- We're exhibiting at this year’s 2019 ISPE Europe Pharma 4.0 Conference, 20 - 21 November 2019, Manchester, Old Trafford.
- We have successfully renewed our Cyber Essentials Plus certification for the whole organisation.
- Virology Research Laboratory extension for AstraZeneca
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s DCD Event, 5 -6th November 2019, Old Billingsgate, London.
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
- We're encouraging our staff to share their work stories on social media.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114