Beginning a sustainability initiative
We are delighted to announce that we have entered into an agreement with Eurotec Environmental Limited for the supply of market leading innovative and sustainable clinical waste services to the West Middlesex University Hospital (WMUH), part of the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. These services will include the provision of the UK’s most established and successful Behaviour Change programme plus the creation of the UK’s largest Sterilwave on-site clinical waste processing Plant.
Lee Beard, Contract Director for BYES commented “We see this as the beginning of a journey with Eurotec Environmental, taking WMUH forward to become one of the country’s leading sustainable NHS hospitals. Sustainability in clinical waste is an area that is often overshadowed by the more green projects.”
Lee continued “Making waste management more efficient, sustainable and compliant is something BYES is at the forefront of. The established methods of dealing with clinical waste via incineration were too outdated and unsustainable for us. In addition, challenges of regular staff turnover caused issues with staff’s ability to correctly follow ‘best practice’ waste management procedures. By partnering with Eurotec Environmental, we now start moving away from these inefficient traditional practices to a vastly more sustainable future for West Middlesex University Hospital."
With BYES, Eurotec, and the Trust working closely as a team, we have very ambitious targets for the next 12 months. This includes implementing the Behaviour Change programme across the entire hospital, including the full rollout of the OW stream. We also aim to set up the UK’s largest Sterilwave clinical waste processing Plant.
Rochelle Gee, Estates and Facilities Site Manager at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust said “We are really excited about this wide-ranging sustainability programme and believe it will provide real value to our Trust in a number of areas. We look forward to working closely with BYES and Eurotec Environmental to get these programmes quickly in place so that we can start to see the financial, sustainability and compliance benefits that these solutions will bring to our Trust."
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special,
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- Bouygues Energies & Services successfully delivers the £1.3M refurbishment of the Adult Assessment Unit at Barnet Hospital
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded a place on the CCS’ ‘Traffic Management Technology 2’ (TMT2) Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde