Cambridgeshire County Council Announces Energy Partners to Pave Region’s Way to Net Zero
Bouygues Energies & Services and SSE Enterprise have been named preferred partners to develop a series of framework energy projects intended to support Cambridgeshire County Council and its regional local authority partners in meeting their commitment to decarbonising the region by 2050.
Bouygues Energies & Services and SSE Enterprise shall work as a consortium to deliver for the framework. The joint venture will see the two partners work on the design, construction and delivery of projects to help the county reach its goal of 100 percent clean energy and net zero carbon emissions by 2050.
The estimated value of projects planned under the framework is £80 million over its four-year term. Projects will include work to improve the energy performance of publicly owned assets, such as buildings and car parks, using measures to boost energy efficiency and generate low or zero carbon energy from rural estate, transport and other assets.
Other projects will explore opportunities for energy storage and low carbon heating solutions, including district and community heating schemes.
In transport, the framework will look at local opportunities to support the transition to electric vehicles through the provision of essential infrastructure such as EV charging points and hubs.
As part of the green economic recovery envisaged following the Covid-19 pandemic, Cambridgeshire County Council and its local authority partners intend to leverage the framework to generate additional business opportunities that will develop low carbon and smart communities.
Equally, the local authorities wish to achieve annual energy savings through innovative smart building solutions to decarbonise their buildings via a combination of energy efficiency and zero carbon generation technologies.
The decarbonisation of heating forms part of the ambitions for the energy projects developed under the framework and will also improve air quality and reduce pollution across the region.
In 2017, Cambridgeshire emitted more than 6.1 million tonnes of CO2, almost half of which came from homes and buildings. Schools, housing, transport, public buildings and farm estates will be targeted for carbon reductions in the new framework.
Green measures already implemented by Cambridgeshire County Council include investment in the generation of renewable heat and electricity and the installation of Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS). Together, these initiatives have generated annual savings and additional revenue in excess of £1.3 million and reduced the county’s annual carbon emissions by almost 7,000 tonnes.
In the three years since it began operations, the 12MW solar farm located on the outskirts of Soham has exceeded expectations, raising several hundred thousand pounds of excess revenue beyond it’s targeted generation that has been reinvested to fund Adult Social Care services.
The new framework will build on these achievements, extending the reach and scale of local energy initiatives and accelerating the county’s path to carbon neutrality.
Under the agreement, Bouygues Energies & Services and SSE Enterprise will work with five Cambridgeshire authorities: Cambridgeshire County Council, Cambridge City Council, Fenland District Council, Huntingdonshire District Council and South Cambridgeshire District Council.
The framework will also be available to other local authorities in England thanks to an access agreement arrangement. The value of projects which may be undertaken under the access agreement is estimated to be up to an additional £30 million over the four-year period.
Bouygues Energies and Services and SSE Enterprise were chosen as service providers due to their combined ability in developing local smart energy systems specifically designed to help councils cut energy bills and provide green heat and electricity. It is believed that by adopting a whole systems approach that encompasses a series of initiatives, the framework can affect rapid reductions in carbon emissions and pollution.
The strategic stakeholders of the Bouygues Energies & Services and SSE Enterprise consortium said:
“Cambridgeshire is one of the fastest growing counties in the country and will be an important growth engine for the UK's post-Covid economy. Home to a thriving tech scene, world-leading research community and beautiful and historic scenery, it’s an ideal location to demonstrate how local authorities can support the development of low carbon communities. This ambitious framework will deliver energy solutions that will help the region on its journey to net zero.”
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- TO STRENGTHEN ITS EXPERTISE IN INDUSTRY 4.0
- Bouygues Energies & Services have helped plant over 235 trees in Malawi with the help of Fruitful Office
- Bouygues Construction UK donates laptops to schools and charities, helping to support families in need.
- Earlier this week we spoke to Jo Adams, one of our lead Interior Designers
- Bouygues Energies & Services support Bouygues Construction is continuing to sow its seeds in Australia.
- Each year we hold our internal Sustainability Awards open to all our people within Bouygues & Energies Services UK.
- Food sustainability is about culture, health, equity and respect for the planet we live on.
- We see you as more than a number…
- Interview with Adeel Aslam, Technical Director, Bouygues Energies & Services, Contracting
- where we provided a solution to help improve the internal air quality
- 7100 m² of data storage in the heart of Marseille’s port district
- One for the diary, 11th November 2020, 2pm - 3pm (GMT)
- Provide renewable energy produced from the North Sea Wind Farms to homes across Germany by 2024.
- Pre-fabrication modular block: The paradigm shift to build a data centre differently?
- A virtual celebration to thank our supply chain
- Find out why we're prioritising electric vehicles
- Largest 'Subsidy-Free' Solar Farm in the UK to be Built by Bouygues Energies & Services for NextEnergy Capital
- There has always been a huge importance on reducing our Global footprint, to ensure a sustainable future
- A day for employers across the country to advocate their support for responsible employment.
- We have signed a first of its kind deal with Airlite, an innovative paint company
- Top tips to reduce you carbon footprint while working from home
- Along with 17 other companies the Data Centre team undertook a number of high-level fundraising activities in aid of CRASH charity.
- On this project we will be using our new innovative modular solution to help achieve the quality, speed to market..
- Sustainability can be a uniting theme and in this context great partnerships can be built between universities and the private sector.
- Leon wins the Sustainability Awards!
- We've helped Manchester Cares get closer to their £10,000 target
- We're providing a safe long term solution to protect our healthcare workers
- We’ve contributed to over 23,000 fruit portions, 600 fruit baskets being delivered to NHS hospitals.
- Some of our team members share their experiences during Covid-19.
- We've been recognised for our approach to health and safety
- Well done to our four team members that have made the finals!
- The Most Effective Development to a Wellbeing Strategy
- ExCel London on the 11th – 12th March 2020
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s Data Centre World
- Project Manager Aaron Yule will lead the team in charge of transforming Ashford's lighting.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Contracting awarded design and build for new VIRTUS Data Centres LONDON6
- Gold Award for our continued focus on sustainability
- We're exhibiting at this year’s 2019 ISPE Europe Pharma 4.0 Conference, 20 - 21 November 2019, Manchester, Old Trafford.
- We have successfully renewed our Cyber Essentials Plus certification for the whole organisation.
- Virology Research Laboratory extension for AstraZeneca
- Bouygues Energies & Services are Exhibiting at this year’s DCD Event, 5 -6th November 2019, Old Billingsgate, London.
- David Carr presents his thought leadership piece.
- VIRTUS is the fastest growing Data Centre provider in the UK.
- We're encouraging our staff to share their work stories on social media.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are pleased to announce they are supporting DATACENTRE.ME!
- We're developing an energy project that will transform St Ives Park & Ride into a renewable energy generator.
- We will be presented the award by HRH Princess Anne
- Bouygues Energies & Services get moving with the Virgin Pulse
- Bouygues Energies & Services Data Centre team took part in The 21st Dragon Boat Challenge.
- We're looking for innovative startups to help create the campus of tomorrow!
- We hosted a construction skills academy for local people in Tower Hamlets.
- We're supporting the special Olympics and the great work it does to support 10,000 athletes.
- Brent are saving money, saving carbon and creating a safer place to live and work.
- Working with young people means that for us, wellbeing is as much of a priority as security.
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131