City of York LED Lantern Replacement
Bouygues Energies & Services completed an extensive lighting project in the historic City of York to help reduce energy and make significant cost savings.
savings in energy costs per year
A large number of LED lanterns were supplied and installed, replacing the old technology of SOX/SON lanterns. The fully managed, detailed programme required the works to be completed to specific timescales/deadlines in order to achieve the desired energy reductions.
The replacement lanterns raised the levels of lighting on existing highways to current standards under BS5489 2013 as well as offering the option of variable levels (power reduction post-midnight).
Our solution brought together strategic programming, smart logistics and a dedicated mobile workforce. Installation crews were managed by mobile supervisors in welfare/office vehicles.
We supplied the labour, plant and materials to provide a fully managed LED lantern conversion programme.
In addition to factory acceptance tests, we introduced a site acceptance test scheme to ensure that all lanterns were supplied and delivered safely to specification.
Demanding timescales were met and we delivered improved efficiency ahead of schedule
This was despite site difficulties such as narrow streets and traffic sensitive areas.
Throughout the programme Bouygues Energies & Services managed any issues on behalf of the council
This included complaints by residents or problems with intrusive light - we endeavoured to keep such disruption to a minimum.
The LED conversions will save the City of York Council £200,000 a year in energy
The project will also reduce maintenance costs and maintain a high quality of lighting for residents.
Latest case studies
- Bouygues Energies & Services partners with University of the Arts London to make significant reduction in energy consumption and increase carbon savings.EnergyUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services partnered with Fenland District Council to improve energy efficiency and reduce carbon emissions.EnergyUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services provides Total Facilities Management to the Trust whilst remaining adaptable to their modern healthcare needs.BuildingsUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded contract as lead company to carry out and manage a connected control centre for public facilities.Smart CityUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services partners with LSE to significantly reduce their CO2 and energy consumption.EnergyUnited-Kingdom
- Bouygues Energies & Services UK Head Office transitions to an agile working environment.BuildingsUnited-Kingdom
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- Bouygues Energies & Services successfully delivers the £1.3M refurbishment of the Adult Assessment Unit at Barnet Hospital
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded a place on the CCS’ ‘Traffic Management Technology 2’ (TMT2) Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde