Cutting Edge Facility for the Welsh School of Pharmacy
The Welsh School of Pharmacy was established in 1919 as part of Cardiff University; one of Britain’s leading teaching and research universities. In order to continue their progress in scientific development, the Welsh School of Pharmacy required the construction of a cGMP pharmacy suite which would include a cleanroom validated to EU GMP grade B to D classification.
B to D
EU GMP grade classification
months fast track project
This new facility will help the school, not only to advance their teaching methods in the field, but also to replicate the manufacturing standards, processes and protocols expected in the pharmaceutical and life science sectors; enabling their students to better understand and appreciate regulatory requirements before they leave university.
The intended educational purpose of the facility also required that the two areas – sterile and non-sterile – would accommodate up to 12 students at any one time.
Bouygues Energies & Services’ turnkey Design & Build solution included the stripping out and removal of an old optometry unit, in order to construct a new, fully-functioning unit which met the client’s specific requirements for use as a teaching facility.
The completed unit is capable of providing small-scale cytotoxic manufacturing support, as well as offering a high quality teaching environment, where both sterile and non-sterile areas are regulated to EU GMP grade B to D cleanroom classification.
The installation of temperature, humidity, filtration and pressure cascades were as per the stringent requirements for this type of facility, and were designed to be stand-alone from the central university services, increasing the reliability of the facility’s provisions.
Although the pharmacy suite was not required to be MHRA approved, we ensured that our commissioning and validation of the facility followed the key steps necessary to enable future regulatory approval, if required.
In order for the unit to be ready for the new term, our teams also had to undertake special considerations and planning; commencing the project during term time and arranging their work around end-of-year exams.
A Single Point of Contact to Boost Performance
Providing detailed design, architectural, procurement, construction, installation, process engineering, mechanical & electrical services, commissioning and validation to offer seamless engineering solutions to the challenges facing our client.
Cutting Edge Facilities
A state-of-the-art and one-of-a-kind teaching facility in Wales, with the added value of small scale production capabilities if required.
Minimal Teaching Downtime
By considering the impact of works during the summer exam period, we were able to meet the new term deadline with minimal disruption to student’s end-of-year studies and minimal teaching downtime for the School of Pharmacy.
The quality of our commissioning and validation will enable the Welsh School of Pharmacy to access MHRA approval for their facility in the future, if they wish to do so.
Increased Reliability Through Self Sufficiency
Equipment responsible for the environmental parameters of the facility were designed to run independently, negating any reliance on central university services.
Latest case studies
- Delivering Hard Facilities Management Services to University Hospital Lewisham, BYES remains agile and adaptable to the high standard healthcare environment.
- We work in partnership with Broomfield Hospital to deliver Hard Facilities Management, Lifecycle and HelpDesk Services.
- Our client required a capacity increase for a Silver Hydrocel manufacturing suite and supporting areas, as well as additional IDA and Solvent Effluent storage capacity.
- Existing clients of ours wanted to bring their device inventories to 100% compliance.
- Our client required a highly controlled, ISO class 8 cleanroom for appropriate testing of the ExoMars Rover.
- Our client required a new Learning Centre to influence and inspire young people to purse careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths).
Our Commitments - Pharmaceuticals & Lifesciences
De-risk Project Development
Accompanying you through the whole project development from concept stage to handover
Leveraging our engineering design and construction technique to accelerate and realise the vision of our clients
Compliance Strategies Within Regulated Sectors
Ensuring MHRA and FDA regulations are met as required
Ensuring greater long-term operational efficiency and productivity
Find all the topics that make Bouygues Energies & Services news: projects, innovations, public and client events, partnerships, press releases ...
- Employees have been busy spreading the festive cheer, with Christmas fundraising.
- We have won the award in recognition of our sustainability initiatives.
- We are collaborating with the whole Bouygues Construction Group in the UK to host Health & Safety Day 2018.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are delighted to announce the successful handover of the VIRTUS LONDON5 facility.
- With Sun'R we have combined our skills to support Lamagistère in its energy transition.
- We continue to grow our successful partnership, with further orders from VIRTUS.
- Axione becomes the 86th member of the altnet cooperative.
- Commercial partnership signed between us and Bosch France
- James Williams tells us about his role at Bouygues Energies & Services as a Process Engineer.
- We are delighted to announce a new contract with VIRTUS Data Centres.
- Sustainability initiative for Chelsea and Westminster NHS Foundation Trust.
- What makes a 'good' data centre?
- Bouygues Energies & Services commits to eliminating all single-use plastics from supply chain.
- What do our apprentices really think?
- with Geology graduate, Connor Cassley.
- Bouygues Energies & Service feature in Innovators magazine's biotech special.
- with Interior Architecture and Design undergraduate, Hollie.
- Graduate Trainee, Chris Nicolaou, talks about his experience working in Procurement.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded FM Contract with Slough Borough Council
- Bouygues Energies & Services is delighted to achieve certification of the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Bouygues Energies & Services awarded new contract to continue providing Facilities Management to UAL.
- Bouygues E&S Contracting UK Ltd win prestigious RoSPA Gold Award
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate the grand opening of our new Scottish office.
- Bouygues Energies & Services engineers go back to school to inspire the next generation of engineers.
- Bouygues Energies & Services partner with Flybits to deliver the connected workplace of the future.
- Bouygues Energies & Services celebrate female engineers on international Women In Engineering Day.
- Bouygues Energies & Services win Considerate Constructors Scheme Bronze medal.
- Bouygues Energies & Services are showcasing at Data Centre World 2017
- We have delivered a £1.3M refurbishment at Barnet Hospital.
- Bouygues Energies & Services Partnering Approach with Biotechnology Stakeholders.
- We're proud to be on the CCS’ TMT2 Framework Agreement.
- Strengthening Supply Chain Partnerships Under the Wings of Concorde